Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0T Owners - 5 Speed Box - Your Experience?

Latent

Hi

Thinkling of getting a Fiesta 1.0T 125 Titanium X Would appreciate thoughts/experience on the following:

I notice the gear box is 5 speed compared to the 6 speed in the Focus. Some reports I have read say that the 5 speed is quite noisy when motorway driving. Whats your honest view?

No noise at all from my gearbox - just the usual tyre noise.

Gearing is very high and 70 MPH is around 2500 RPM so no need for 6th gear in Fiesta.

no noise what so ever one a zetec S 1.0. The gear box is fine nor problem and you dont hear the car when you drive sensibly even at 150kmh on motorway. the only thing you hear is the turbo when you accelerate. thats practically it.

Gearbox is a bit hard when changing gears (I used to drive an avensis occasionally), but seems ok to me. No noise. No noise from the engine too. I saw 150km/h at 3500 rpm.

no noise what so ever one a zetec S 1.0. The gear box is fine nor problem and you dont hear the car when you drive sensibly even at 150kmh on motorway. the only thing you hear is the turbo when you accelerate. thats practically it.

I'm surprised that you can hear the turbo, are you sure that there isn't a misplaced pipe as I cannot hear the turbo on either of our cars.

I drive both a 6 speed Focus and the 5 speed Fiesta and I was surprised at how quiet and refined the Fiesta is at 80mph...

Yeah you here the turbo when reving and accélérations. That's it. You hear a woushhhhhh lol and then you can hear a small groan from the exhaust which is just perfect. Not over the top and not too quiet. I love it haha. Don't know if the exhaust on a zetec is diff from standard. It's the 125 ps engin I have maybe you have the 100 or lower don't know. What cars do you have?

I was still concerned when I committed to buy my car. I have the smaller 1L turbo (100PS), and it goes like lightning still as soon as it hits 1500rpm, underneath that is a bit groggy but you'd expect that.

I'm taking it for a nice long from from Kent to Cornwall and back next Monday which will be almost all of my motorway experience in the car (apart from a quick boot up on the first day I got it). I was incredibly impressed that it didn't run out of puff at around 80 and kept going, being super quiet.

Currently, after 200 miles on the clock I am getting 34.7mpg average around town, which is quite impressive, I've only put petrol in it once (not right to the top but close!) and looks like around town I'd be looking at around 340 miles on £45 of fuel which isn't too shabby at all, will hope to get more firing down to Cornwall next week (35p a mile from the company, so I will be economical to eek the most out of that £210 that I'll get back!).

Recommend cruise control, I've compared using cruise control at 30mph and not using it, the live mpg calculations are between 10-30mpg higher whilst using cruise control. It almost needs a foot rest for the throttle as well as the clutch!

I agree the cruise control is a must

I took mine out for a good spin last week and was doing 95 on the motorway and couldn't hear a thing it was amazing so much better than my grande punto I was worried about the 5 speed as well but there's honestly no need it stupidly long and even doing 95 I was getting way over 35 mpg which is what I got from my punto ha