Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 mk4 issues

millsydt

i got a fiesta 1.25 mk4 and it misfires a bit at high revs but this gets worse when running low on fuel have anyone else experienced this??

its weird because its fine driving normally it only gets it high revs say if u go down a gear cleaned the inlet yesterday and hasnt helped really thought it be a bit of carbon in the intake :(

Possibly coilpack issues

On mine it was the coil pack. I changed the plugs and HT leads first, which improved things a little, and then once I did the coil pack it ran sweetly again. Seems to be very common with Zetec engines of a certain age, from what I read on the internet.

ahh cheers man its ok when driving normally but at higher revs it struggles its done 76000 mile been looked after though think it needs a cambelt change soon though il have a look at it this weekend shame really because after 4000 rpm the zetec comes alive and thats when sometimes it hestitates

On mine it was the coil pack. I changed the plugs and HT leads first, which improved things a little, and then once I did the coil pack it ran sweetly again. Seems to be very common with Zetec engines of a certain age, from what I read on the internet.