1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

MitchellPetrie

Fiesta Mk Vii Interior Lighting Questions

5 posts in this topic

I've been thinking of ways to make my car that little bit more interesting without spending too much money. So i thought about interior lighting? perhaps in the footwells, glovebox and maybe in the door pockets as ive seen in my mums LR Evoque but i unfortunately have no idea where to start. I can solder well as i used to modify xbox controllers on the side for some money but i dont know what kind of lights would be best (LED's obviously but i mean can you buy them in pre assembled strips? and what kind of voltage etc) and how would i build them into the car, where can i safetly connect them etc.

A very good modification indeed!

You require 12v speaker wire (LOTS!) and 12v LED Strips. I would recommend butt connectors to those who cant solder, but in your case, you should be alright with solder and heat shrink!

That and the ignition barrel, LED festoon / wedge bulbs for your interior map lights :D

A very good modification indeed!

You require 12v speaker wire (LOTS!) and 12v LED Strips. I would recommend butt connectors to those who cant solder, but in your case, you should be alright with solder and heat shrink!

That and the ignition barrel, LED festoon / wedge bulbs for your interior map lights :D

Thanks, are there any guides on how to do this? just so im not running in blind haha

if you have a look at the focus guides section, Lenny did one on how to do it for the focus, also have a look at trickeyd, as he recently did them on his fiesta.

if you have a look at the focus guides section, Lenny did one on how to do it for the focus, also have a look at trickeyd, as he recently did them on his fiesta.

thanks I'll have a look