Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

MitchellPetrie

Whats A Radio Code?

7 posts in this topic

This is probably a silly question but what is a Radio Code?

I'd like to think it's some amazing James Bond thing that lets you like remote control any car from your iPhone but that probably seems a bit far fetched so yeah if anyone could let me know that'd be nice :)

Thanks

It sets the car auto destruct if it gets stolen.

Nah.

Seriously though now, It's the security code that locks the radio as an anti-theft measure.

Like Stone said, its an anti-theft device. Its like a phones PIN code - if you remove the radio/battery/etc, you must type the radio code in before the radio plays.

Just to advise, if you do require one, we are unable to provide them, you would need to contact your local dealer or an ebay retailer :)

Thanks all :)

and nah i dont require them i just saw that they were banned on here so i was wondering if they were some cool secret agent stuff haha... i can dream

lol nothing exciting, just we used to have members registering as a one post asking for codes. For the purposes of security amongst other things (we didnt want to give out codes where someone may have stolen a radio and we just gave them it in essence) we thereon banned the provision / request of these on the forums.

lol nothing exciting, just we used to have members registering as a one post asking for codes. For the purposes of security amongst other things (we didnt want to give out codes where someone may have stolen a radio and we just gave them it in essence) we thereon banned the provision / request of these on the forums.

ahh okay that makes sense then :)