Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Mpg Do You Get With Your Focus?

jmurray01

My 2000 Ford Focus LX 1.8 5dr petrol gets 30-32MPG which consists of 50% city and 50% urban driving. The average MPG on the Parkers website is 37 so it is getting a lot less than that but it does have 167,800 miles so taking that into account it isn't doing too badly.

It is hardly getting the 40+ MPG my old 1997 Fiesta 1.25 got though.

So, what does yours achieve?

I usually get around 50mpg (mainly around town, a bit of m'way), rising to high 50s on a run. This is from an 06 Focus Ghia 1.6tdci (110).

Jamie, when was your car last serviced?

A good service (plugs, leads, oil flush, oil, air and fuel filter change) should help if it hasn't been done for a while.

1.8tdci 2006...i get 35mpg with lead foot....around 54mpg combined and around 57ish on motorway...

I have had 62mpg according to the computer on motorway using cruise at around 67mph

• Like 1

Most of my driving is done in london so my mpg is a bit low, however before egr blanking i got 45mpg after egr blanking i get 45.6 or 46mpg, i also get this when calculated. 1.6TDCI

I usually get around 50mpg (mainly around town, a bit of m'way), rising to high 50s on a run. This is from an 06 Focus Ghia 1.6tdci (110).

Jamie, when was your car last serviced?

A good service (plugs, leads, oil flush, oil, air and fuel filter change) should help if it hasn't been done for a while.

The next service isn't due until 176,000 miles or January 2014 (whichever comes first).

Unfortunately lower fuel economy is just part and parcel of owning a higher mileage car (since the compression decreases as the engine wears and a richer fuel mixture is required).

2008 1.6TDCi (90) estate, 60k: 60 - 62mpg on motorways, if you do nothing but short school runs in winter the worst case scenario it'll drop to about 53, averages around 58 so with the £30 tax disc its cheap to run.

2005 Focus (CMAX) 1.6 TDCI Auto

46 - 52MPG country roads

40 - 46MPG motorways

42 - 46MPG combined.

2010 focus 1.6 tdci (110) 14k on the clock

65-74 motorway

50-54 combined

45-47 round town

I find that a good service helps as well as correct tyre pressure, I didn't realise the difference that tyre pressure made.

My Focus 1.8 TDCI is telling my i have an average of 45mpg

2005 1.6 zetec (100bhp) 32-35 around town, 39-42 on the motorway.

My 2000 Ford Focus LX 1.8 5dr petrol gets 30-32MPG which consists of 50% city and 50% urban driving. The average MPG on the Parkers website is 37 so it is getting a lot less than that but it does have 167,800 miles so taking that into account it isn't doing too badly.

It is hardly getting the 40+ MPG my old 1997 Fiesta 1.25 got though.

So, what does yours achieve?

for a 1.8 petrol that sounds about right, dervs get much better mpg. Could give yours a service its surprising what fresh oil, filters and plugs can do but the book figure is normally always higher than what is easily attainable

for the record im currently sat at 31 mpg but towed a caravan 75 miles and had a/c on since i last reset it about 200 miles ago

Ive stopped looking 1.6 tivct does 34 town 39-42 b roads ignore the figures they mean nothing other than a loose guide

Had my 1.8 TDCi (115) Focus a month now, and at first the economy was working out at 42mpg. Since then, I've changed to Shell 'Fuelsave Diesel', and changed the air filter, and I'm now averaging 48mpg for weekly commuting.

Haven't done a long motorway run to gauge what that returns yet, but a run up to Northumberland on A-Roads at constant 50-60mph returned 52mpg before I changed the air filter, so I'd hope that kind of run might be up to 55-57ish now.

for a 1.8 petrol that sounds about right, dervs get much better mpg. Could give yours a service its surprising what fresh oil, filters and plugs can do but the book figure is normally always higher than what is easily attainable

for the record im currently sat at 31 mpg but towed a caravan 75 miles and had a/c on since i last reset it about 200 miles ago

It has just recently had a service (the oil is still golden) and isn't due another one for 9,000 miles.

Filled my car up, went to Manchester via llandrindod wells back to llandod,on to Aberystwyth, back to llandod then on to Leominster, back to llandod then to Swansea. Forgot to check the mileage, but I've just had the light come on in the car to say there's less than 50 miles left.was showing about 58,59 mpg on the clock.

not to shabby I think.

Focus 08 1.8 TDCI 49.5 and rising!

Im driving stupendously economically! low gear change, no heavy acceleration just to squeeze everything i can out of it

I fuelled up yesterday after work, and this week I am experimenting using the cruise control where possible (given traffic conditions), on my longer stretches of A1/A19 to work and back.

Haven't used it much yet, and it'll be interesting to see if setting the cruise at 50-60 helps my daily/weekly economy.

New member here, bought a Focus Estate 1.6 Econetic (90PS) last week on a 58 plate. Registered in 09 but built 12/08. So far I'm getting (according to the onboard computer) 47mpg, which isn't bad considering I've alternated between a 15 mile run to work across country roads and a bit of town driving.

It's a vast improvement to the 1.8 petrol Zafira I was driving and the road tax difference (£30 vs £200) is certainly not to be sniffed at!

All in all Im currently a very happy Focus owner :D

Focus ST 2 - 26MPG - GGR Tuned

Focus ST 3 - 21MPG - Mountune

Fiesta ST - 29MPG - Standard

• Like 1

ford focus 2005 2.0 petrol

Get around

27-30 MPG around town

39-43MPG Motorway

(Havent tried country lane)

ST-2 with 285 exhaust intake and map pack its doing 27.2 on a combine of cruising and flooring down bypasses

Lowest has been a run to wales and back doing 14.6

1.6TDCi remapped to 125

When I'm driving I get average 21.8km/l that's 13.5Miles per litre

So that's 60.7mpg or 97.6 K to the G

• Like 1

2012 Titanium 1.6 petrol, getting 42.9 average between me and someone else; I'm personally on 48.5 - 56.2 average :P

2.0TDCI mk2 Saloon Titanium (120k OTC)......currently getting 50.5MPG on a daily 27 mile round trip (non motorway). On long runs eg Southampton to Blackpool i got high 60s MPG. Heading up to Edinburgh on friday from Southampton so will interesting to see what i get then.

p.s i always use Shell V-Power diesel

Well, after my week of driving using the cruise control where possible (keeping the car between 50-60mph on dual carriageways), my economy this week has risen a touch to 50mpg.

What I have noticed though, is when the cruise has the car set at 60mph, the instant fuel economy on the trip computer fluctuates between 63 and 68mpg, depending on the road condition. So on a motorway run, I guess its safe to assume that's the kind of mileage I'd get at 60mph.

So I think where possible, I'm gonna keep using the cruise for decent dual carriageway stretches of my commute, but clearly is the 'around the doors' bit in between that's pulling my average down to 45-48ish, depending how heavy footed I am.