Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Really Loud Ticking Noise In Engine????

Sassygirl

Hi all

My focus has developed a really loud clicking/ticking noise in the engine. It gets louder if you accelerate but never goes away even on tick over.

had something changed that's near front of the engine that's connected to the auxiliary belt (don't ask me what its call cos i don't know lol )

anyway that didn't work.

so the garage have suggested it may be the air con clutch?? However the noise stays regardless of whether the air con is on or off.

Or it could be some other clutch drive connected to the auxiliary belt.

Has anyone else had this problem before??

Thank you :) x

If its the air con pump you will be able to see it working in and out more like a clip clap sound had it on my 2.0l the other day try spraying wd40 in the drive belt area to see if it disappears

It could be the aircon clutch relay is stuck truth is a tapping without hearing it can be many things from injectors to the aircon a water pump engine tappets to a loose ehhaust manifold shield

thanks guys :) Ill try spraying a few bits with some wd40 and take a recording of the noise, its quite loud! It was stood over the really hot weekend and then started making that noise so a bit of wd40 could solve the problem :)

is it a "rhythmic" or not?

it could be your oil needs changing or a noisy tappet, sticky valve, does the car run bad?

Last time I had this it was injector seal that had to be changed

• 6 years later...

Hi wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my ford focus I have a ticking noise when starting up the car but goes away when wramed up what should I do about this as I need my car for work and wouldn't want to break down  look forward to hearing from someone please thank you.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:26 PM, Winter said:

Hi wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my ford focus I have a ticking noise when starting up the car but goes away when wramed up what should I do about this as I need my car for work and wouldn't want to break down  look forward to hearing from someone please thank you.

Hi I have a 2012 plate mk3 focus mine does the same thing not very loud but goes away I've always put it down to the oil getting round the engine then goes away after a couple of mins I've had my car for 5 years and it's always done it hope this helps 

• 1 year later...

My Ford focas mk3 is making this noise and is also doesn’t drive great, I also put my air con on the other day and I had loud banging in the engine so switched it off, then 2 hours later the fan belt snapped! I’ve had that replaced now but too scared to put my air con back on, also it backfires too! like it gets clogged up then backfires then goes back normal, someone please help 😩 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club