Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Aux Input Jack Socket Problem Help Please

xcgb

Hi All

2005 Mondeo TDCI estate

I hook my IPOD up to the aux socket in the glovebox and have fed the cable around the back as the ipod sits neatly under the steering wheel column.

It works fine but when I have the glovebox open, but as soon as i close it i lose one side of the stereo which is pretty frustrating!

I guess its a problem with the jack making contact with the socket but has anyone found a fix?

Can i possibly hard wire it in behind the glove box? or is there a better solution

Thanks in advance!

Stoney

Thanks for the reply

thats possible, I guess I need a tool to get the stereo out to fit that?

Glad to help.

I know that the standard sockets are junk.

Once snapped into place the only way to remove them is to break the lugs which is a bit dumb.

On my car i have a cable coming out from behind the ashtray which is a perfect location to plug into an iPod controller sat in the 12v socket i have there.

Certainlty saves on random wires running across the footwells and dash especially as the wife throws bags into the passenger footwell every time she gets in.

I've got the estate with the Sony 6CD system. Had the occasional problem with one channel on the MP3 disappearing but strangely since I removed the glovebox to get at the fuses I haven't had it happen again. Probably untwisted the lead. :rolleyes:

It's that movement of the two parts of the aux socket that causes the problem.

Awful design.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club