Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Moondust Silver What Brake Colours????

sonic113

Was just wanting recommended colours for the front brake callipers and rear drums on my moondust silver mk2.5 focus. It has zetec alloys so Im looking to paint the brakes. The car is standard zetec trim and I'm adding bits and bobs from time to time. I use it as a family car to shops, school runs etc so don't want colours that will make it look like a chavy boy racer style car if you know what I mean.

If any one has the same car or even the mk3 focus in silver with painted brakes can you post pics So I can see the results. Thanks, and also this my first time posting a topic so I hope its in the right place lol!

Thanks.

Has to be red, anything else just won't pop.

I was thinking red stoney871 I don't think it would be too much either. Do you have any recommendations for the best type of paint or where to get it? Would normal metal gloss paint do the job? Also do you know of any pictures of silver focus with red calipiers/drums? I tried to google it but couldn't find any images. It be nice to see one before I start to paint.

You can get brake paint kits from Halfords.

I think lenny did a red paint job on his silver car.

this is my next step on my focus zetec s in silver.

im going gloss black, i didnt want the red simply because of the hub on the back. personally i think because its a hub it looks a bit chavy. but its each to their own.

i think you will need the high temp paint or the acutal paint caliper paint.

years ago i did my fiesta with normal paint and after a hard driving session the paint had spread and bubble on my rear drums.

Thanks for reply gazsutton

I was afraid of the hub looking chavy if painted red I had not thought of blsck though. When are you doing you'd and can you post pictures when done to let me see the results?

Cheers.

no worries, the only reason I’m doing black is because its subtle and not
too much of a (look at me) i think the red looks mint but only if its disc all-round
or on the racing callipers. I had Brembo’s on my cupra and they looked mint.

I’m looking to get it done in the next few weeks along with other things. my
mate is doing it so i have to wait until he is free or i would get it done
tomorrow.

both my front and rear hub have gone a weird colour so thought if its black
it would hide the brake dust too.

Good idea about hiding the brake dust. Never thought of it that way. I will wait to see yours finished before I paint anything. I like red but again just on the drum I'm not sure.

Stoney ,Lenny did a red job but I think he done the drums silver. Its nice but I'd rather keep front and back the same colour maybe.

yeah its personal preference,

dont get me wrong they do look good red but i didnt want mine to stand out as its nothing special.

ill let you know once ive got it done.

hopefully very soon.

I think lenny did his silver on the drums. Looks nice and doesn't stand out too much to look chavy

• Like 1

Suppose it all depends on what wheels you got too.

I have the st reps that come ob the zetec s and similar models and the centre is quite big so you may not see too much of it.

Im not saying it wouldnt look good but its personal preference thats the beauty of mods. U make it your own.

• Like 1

Suppose it all depends on what wheels you got too.

I have the st reps that come ob the zetec s and similar models and the centre is quite big so you may not see too much of it.

Im not saying it wouldnt look good but its personal preference thats the beauty of mods. U make it your own.

Spot on, probably why ford gave the focus rims so many god damn spokes on the titanium, Lenny has Mini ST rim.

• Like 1

Haha i do like the rs wheels but i wouldnt like cleaning them.

What ever happend to good old 3 spokes lol

Was just wanting recommended colours for the front brake callipers and rear drums on my moondust silver mk2.5 focus. It has zetec alloys so Im looking to paint the brakes. The car is standard zetec trim and I'm adding bits and bobs from time to time. I use it as a family car to shops, school runs etc so don't want colours that will make it look like a chavy boy racer style car if you know what I mean.

If any one has the same car or even the mk3 focus in silver with painted brakes can you post pics So I can see the results. Thanks, and also this my first time posting a topic so I hope its in the right place lol!

Thanks.

Hi mate,

Ive done the calipers red and drums in hammerite smooth silver swell as the spacer sections on the front discs

Check it out y'all

IMG_20130529_191626_zps08887ce0.jpg

IMG_20130529_194025_zpscfdbcf00.jpg

I have to say that does look good!

The rear looks like it has a disc being silver and it doesnt look chavy at all.

• Like 1

:D my correction. They do look great. What size tyres are you using on 18"?

• Like 1

:D my correction. They do look great. What size tyres are you using on 18"?

225/35/R18 Avon ZZ3

8" wide so 32" of road contact lol

Thanks for the pictures Lenny.

I do like the drum silver now when I see a close up. The red is really nice against the silver. Do you think this colour scheme would look nice against the zetec alloys?

Speaking of alloys I'm old skool on that. I do like the old 4/5 spoke ford alloys from back in the day. That's way I'm attached to the zetec alloys I love that style of wheel. Your y alloys are nice to but as much as I love the rs I do think too many spokes on the wheels but then again Thats just my opinion lol!

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures Lenny.

I do like the drum silver now when I see a close up. The red is really nice against the silver. Do you think this colour scheme would look nice against the zetec alloys?

Speaking of alloys I'm old skool on that. I do like the old 4/5 spoke ford alloys from back in the day. That's way I'm attached to the zetec alloys I love that style of wheel. Your y alloys are nice to but as much as I love the rs I do think too many spokes on the wheels but then again Thats just my opinion lol!

Thanks mate,

I reckon the red would go nicely with the 5 spoke zetec rims mate,

I'd defo do the spacer bit on the discs too, tidys it up nicely,

Also I used Halfords red caliper paint and its like water,

If you can; purchase foliatec caliper paint kit and a pyrex measuring jug from a pound shop

The foliatec kit is the business and comes in two time, you measure out paint and hard laquour then mix together

It sets solid in 1 hour to a gloss enamel finish

Looks much the same end results as mine but much better life time job.

E-tec kit is much the same as foliatec if available either.