Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tax Disc Fallen Behind The Dash

Onesix

Good evening! ive now taken ownership of the 2000 focus which is taxed till the end of September but where the mother inlaw had it before hand she had knocked the tax disc down between the windowscreen and the dash is it easy to find or just get a replacement ...

You could open the glove box down and see if it's dropped down in there with the fusebox. Then it's probably onto Swansea if that is fruitless, have fun with the phone call if it comes to that.

Good evening.

If you can't find it then good luck is all I'm saying... Rather you than me phoning the DVLA.

• Like 1

If the car has tax registered on it DVLA will make sure it's current, not cashed in and then should issue a replacement.

Go to your local post office and request a V20 duplicate tax disc application form.

There used to be an offence of failure to display a disc but since ANPR/databases/internet tax renewal the offence had been changed to failure to possess.

As long as the tax is logged as current the car is legal to drive.

• Like 1

stoney that's what I was thinking cos the DVLA van only drove passed it Tuesday so it must of been scanned and checked. So cheers for that.

it was the mother in laws! Till it had a leak and rather than fix it wanted to scrap it so I was given it to fix it and keep it. she's still got to find the log book so We might need Swansea anyway :-( lol

If you can't locate thr V5C then it will be a V62 form and £25 via post office or call DVLA and do it over the phone or on their website.

There used to be an offence of failure to display a disc but since ANPR/databases/internet tax renewal the offence had been changed to failure to possess.

As long as the tax is logged as current the car is legal to drive.

Do I read that correctly? Does that mean I don't have to display my tax-disc now? I got 'done' a few years ago for 'Not possessing' AND 'Not displaying' Expensive lesson learned! :)

As an aside to this I've just taxed the car on-line. From opening up Google to getting to the 'Payment accepted' page took 3 minutes and 13 seconds!!! So much less hassle than finding all your documents and traipsing down to the Post Office and waiting in line behind folk posting 15 eBay parcels and arguing about the price!!!

Displaying a tax disc will save you a load of grief.

Private parking management firms and council wsrdens will still ticket cars in residential parking schemes for not displaying if it is required under their tetms and confitions.

Police will still pull cars over too if no tax is displayed so checks can be carried out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club