Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,845 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

There should usually be two RCL antennas.
One is either in the headlining to the rear of the courtesy light or under the console.
The other if fitted is to stop the boot locking if you inavertently leave your keys in the boot and close it when the doors are locked.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 saklak

saklak

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Marius
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I got my elm :D. bad news is that I could not find anything with it. It seams that there was only one key programmed on the car. I deleted that code,

tried to reprogram my key nothing, entered again same code, still nothing. now I'll try to reprogram my key on another car to get the code maybe is not

the one I found.

I got an error on HEC instead. u1900-20 not much about it on internet, it seams that needs to have other errors along with it to understand it... I have deleted,

didnt appear back, I'll check in a few days(was present when I went to ford also, they deleted I think and was back). Anyone seeing any connection between this and key fob ? 

I'm also thinking to reprogram HEC to the new version(509) does it worth ? no error code regarding GEM and I've been able to enable auto-lock ( not to many features to enable for mk2 :D)

#18 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

The HEC error is normal. This error code appears sometimes when a diagnostic interface is connected.

The firmware update of the instrument cluster is only suitable for a MK2.5 instrument cluster. The MK2 instrument cluster can not be updated with ELMconfig.

#19 saklak

saklak

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm not sure if this is because of no being able to synchronize the key ( entering leaning mode ) with the car but I realized the my immobiliser led does not flash when

I switching off the ignition. When I put the key to II it lights the red led between the temp and fuel but closes right after that, and does not flash ( for an error code ) or something. I read

the manual that the system is armed 5 seconds after switching off the ignition and the indicator flash every 2 seconds, mine does not flash at all. It is because because of the sync problem or the problem is connected somehow. 

#20 saklak

saklak

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

anyone a clue why it does not flash ? they stopped in the same time and I thought that the led is from remote locking or something, reading more it seams not.

in ELMconfig, HEC level 2/3 what should be checked there for mk2, Standard PATS ?

#21 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

The led is the immobiliser. If it stays on solid when key is in it wont start as it is wrong code. If it blinks really fast there was a problem getting the code of the key. If its stopped working sounds like the system is faulty and will stop you doing anything.

PATS i believe is the keyless entry system to the car. When i do anything on mine using ids i say no to pats

#22 saklak

saklak

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

well the car starts with no problem and I never had problems starting the car. that led has gone since the remote locking has stopped working so I know

for sure that was not disabled or something. 

I wonder what the ford mechanic  did in 3 hours while checking my car and he didn't spot that the immobilizer is faulty.  Another weird thing is why there is no error anywhere.

#23 hubby1959

hubby1959

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK 2
  • Year: 1999

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

PATS is Passive Anti-Theft System or more commonly known as the Immobiliser and has nothing to do with the remote central locking.

The transponder chip in the key is for the PATS system, and it is coded to the car, which allows it to start.

The RCL in the fob is the circuit board located in the top half of the key just behind the buttons you press to lock/unlock the car, there can be a number of reasons these can fail, dry joints on the buttons, cracked circuit boards, flat batteries, and a bad contact from the battery can all cause the fob to stop working.

Another yet uncommon problem can be the remote module in the car itself, they can also fail and need replacing, if this happens to be the problem then it MUST be replaced with one from the same make, model, and year.

You will also have to check that the serial number on the remote module is the same as the one you plan to replace, as an incompatible module may not work.

#24 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Another yet uncommon problem can be the remote module in the car itself, they can also fail and need replacing, if this happens to be the problem then it MUST be replaced with one from the same make, model, and year.

You will also have to check that the serial number on the remote module is the same as the one you plan to replace, as an incompatible module may not work.

The Focus MK2 and MK2.5 does not have a seperate remote module. All central locking functions including the remote functions are fully integrated into the GEM module / fuse box. If you need to replace the GEM module / fuse box there is also no need to buy one of exactly the same modelyear and vehicle type. All of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 C-max MK1/MK1.5 and Kuga MK1 GEM modules are (backwards) compatible. You only have to check which version you need because there are several types of GEM module which support different functions. Ford offers just 1 version for replacement of a defective GEM module. This is the latest version which support all of the possible functions.

I retrofitted a 2011 Kuga GEM module which supports all possible functions to my Focus MK2 (2005). This module is required for my future plans to retrofit the Keyless start, Keyless entry an factory alarm function which all are supported by the module. You only have to reprogram the module if it is fitted into another car. 

#25 saklak

saklak

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

My car has been in service for the last week and I was just called that they found the problem. 

They changed my instrument cluster ( the watches ) with another ones(for testing purpose) and the problem was fixed. I don't see the connection now. No error when diagnose was made.

Do you see any connection ? ( I have no chime sound when exterior lights switched on and door open, no sound also when ignition is off and I press hazard light switch - they are working outside but no sound inside )

Another thing which bothers me is that he said that I have some kind of shaking on the instrument cluster needles and that engine coolant temp and fuel gauge should go to 0 and than to where should be ( can someone confirm this ? ) mine go directly where should be and all this is a sign that I don't have the real km on the instrument cluster - although I have service manual for it. Anyone heard about this ?

#26 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

the gauges should sit at zero with ignition off then when switched on should go to there marks you wont get a code necessarily if the cluster is faulty if replacing it fixed the problem then its likely the cluster is at fault its not uncommon for that to happen sounds to me like the cluster is faulty

#27 saklak

saklak

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for the answer.

I'm considering replacing the instrument cluster but I don't understand why is a ford dealer needed to reprogram the new instrument cluster. ( they said that they can

reprogram it but it costs 50 euro some kind of code ) is this true... ?

I know that instrument cluster must have less miles because you can only increase them any other thing I should be aware of ? Are there instrument clusters without

the fog lights indicator or something ?

#28 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

the cluster is part of the pats anti theft system so has to be coded to the car you cant just stick one in and thats it just make sure the cluster is for a petrol or diesel other than that they are the same

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: learning mode, key fob, reprogramming key fob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users