Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

StornowayBlue

Mk 7 Tyre Wear, Replaced At 7K

7 posts in this topic

I had a brief search on the forum and couldn't find a thread specific to tyre wear. I appreciate its early still for racking up considerable mileage but I had to replace my front tyres this week having travelled just over 7K. Has anyone else had to get new tyres and if so, at what mileage?

Always gets 20k+ out of my tyres - what brand were they?

I got 17.5k miles out of mine. When you replaced them were they worn evenly across the whole width? If not it might be caused by something like your tracking being out, having them the wrong pressure etc...

I've got maybe 5-6k out of mine. I've had seriouslly bad luck with pot holes & nails. They were all Hankook's. I now have Avon ZV5's but, i find i slide a bit with these so next time i'll go continental or pirelli for sure.

Thanks for replies Folks. Original tyres were ContiPremium Contact 2, I replaced with Hankook Ventus Primes

The insdes were almost down to the canvas and so I have booked in for allignment next week. I should get a full report of the garage to see how far out they were.

Mine only ever last 10k at best although that may have something to do with my unique driving style and lead trainers. I found uniroyal rainsport 2s to be the best all rounders up to now the 3s are supposed to be even better

Mine only ever last 10k at best although that may have something to do with my unique driving style and lead trainers. I found uniroyal rainsport 2s to be the best all rounders up to now the 3s are supposed to be even better

Lol, I thought of this too. My daily commute involves a 90 mile round trip on what would be a pretty challenging road stage on any Rally :)