Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticking!!

Jamesdurrant

For some reason I have a ticking noise coming from my 1.4 ford fiesta Zetec, it happens fairly frequently and when it does I lose a little bit of power my revs drop by say couple hundred. Is happens very quickly obviously but is rather worrying....... Ay ideas??

have you the ability to check for error codes? also is the ticking rythmic or out of sync? also how long does the ticking last for? and do you have any scenario this is most likely to occur (for example, when revs exceed X or air con is on etc).

For some reason I have a ticking noise coming from my 1.4 ford fiesta Zetec, it happens fairly frequently and when it does I lose a little bit of power my revs drop by say couple hundred. Is happens very quickly obviously but is rather worrying....... Ay ideas??

Have you had you're fuel filter changed recently?

It may be blocked restricting flow

The clicking would then be your fuel pump pressure attempting to fill the resivour

But can't fill quick enough due to restrictive particals

Resulting in loss of revs/acceleration

Just my theory and always good to replace fuel filters anyways don't cost much and help maintain fuel economy

Happened to my girlfriends 1.4 tdci. Huh ford quoted 2700e for 4 new injectors and the repairs. Hahahahahah I changed out the orings and took out the injectors, had them cleaned professionally and then put then back In. Cost basically nothing lol. Okay this maybe ain't your problem. The signs of this were ticking rhythmic lly, and ticking faster at higher rev. This would be all the time. Then eventually after a while the car started to get eac problems ( would appear on the display). which basically didn't allow you to go above a certain speed, so basically loss of power.

If this is the problem I suggest you go too a small garage where they have the time to actually find out what the problem is. Cause at ford in my case they just changed everything so that they are sure to get the problem solved, supposedly lol. Oh and if you do have a 1.4 tdci the injectors on these cars are alot of money. 400e for one in my case.

But I think you should get a sound recording of it, an see if the sound comes from under the panel filter.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Turns out it is a problem with the relay on the air conditioner unit!

If the alternator bearing has gone it can cause a ticking noise, and revs drop a little as if it has been put under load, for example putting heated screen on etc, whilst idling, my ford focus 1.8 was doing that even when no load and it recently packed in on me haha! Soo check and see its not the alternator making the noise :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club