Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus Mk 2

jacksargent93

So I know I started a thread a month ago - but this is my official thread now and hopefully I can keep it updated :) - also its in the right place now :)

post-43665-0-35826000-1373834804_thumb.j

post-43665-0-42359600-1373834835_thumb.j

• Like 1

Then we got the footwell LED's fitted - thanks to ford for already having the loom fitted... Made life a lot easier :P

post-43665-0-76113200-1373835087_thumb.j

Then we have the custom heater knobs which I personally think everyone should add to their car!

post-43665-0-79947500-1373835344_thumb.j

post-43665-0-63533600-1373835367_thumb.j

Then I managed to grab some genuine Ford moulded mud flaps which fitted pretty perfect! Thanks for those Gary!

post-43665-0-69718900-1373835536_thumb.j

post-43665-0-11703100-1373835565_thumb.j

post-43665-0-69072300-1373835594_thumb.j

post-43665-0-05185200-1373835621_thumb.j

I have put in new headlights, sidelights, full beams and getting round to new fog lights.

However - can anyone link me to some good sidelight bulbs as mine are really !Removed!!

Also - picking up some 16" snowflakes on Tuesday.... can anyone guess a price?? I think I got an absolute bargain!!

Looking great Jack keep up the good work

Okay so got my alloys put on - so pleased with the final outcome - they aren't in the best condition - but considering the price, it leaves me money to get them powered coated or re-furbed.

ALSO - de-badged the back of the car - pretty easy and not too time consuming. :)

Let me know what you guys think!

post-43665-0-54961900-1373981194_thumb.j

post-43665-0-73599400-1373981222_thumb.j

post-43665-0-25631600-1373981251_thumb.j

post-43665-0-52650500-1373981278_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks great,

The wheels make a big difference to the appearance of the car,

Any future plans rear foot well lighting perhaps ?

I've created a guide with links to purchase the led units, its linked among the list of guides below this post

Next on the list is to get the windows tinted - as I really cant wait to put my FOC stickers up - so I assumed it wouldnt be better to go on top of the tint rather than inside, would that be right?

At the moment I really want to mod the outside - St spoiler, calipers and drums painted, DMB badges and such.

BTW I only paid £200 for those wheels with excellent tyres on!!!

• Like 1

Next on the list is to get the windows tinted - as I really cant wait to put my FOC stickers up - so I assumed it wouldnt be better to go on top of the tint rather than inside, would that be right?

At the moment I really want to mod the outside - St spoiler, calipers and drums painted, DMB badges and such.

BTW I only paid £200 for those wheels with excellent tyres on!!!

You got a good deal on the wheels, I sold a set of the same last march for 380pounds

Your best option is to get the tint on and then apply the window decals to avoid any bubbles getting trapped,

ST spoiler makes a nice difference to the side and rear too.

Okay so booked in for tinting a week today - pretty excited! As for now (if money allows) I will buy a few little things - just bought some LED's for glovebox and boot. Looking at festoon bulbs for courtesy light (been told 42mm) so will go ahead with that - and waiting for Ford stickers from DMB to go on mudflaps :)

• Like 1

After going through your guides Leonard I really want to do the Green Cotton filter mod!

• Like 2

Thinking of doing the same myself, I am goin blanking the ger this weekend also and was thinking eith green cotton or induction kit!

• Like 1

Car's comin on great pal! Wheels are a nice upgrade at a great price and glad you got the mudflaps sorted in the end...should look well with badges too. Looking forward to watching it progress.

• Like 1

After going through your guides Leonard I really want to do the Green Cotton filter mod!

Thanks mate,

Before purchasing though, have a look at the K&N57s kit

Its a bit more expensive and I've not fitted it personally but it does look to be better and definitely bigger with additional side cold feed induction.

Thinking of doing the same myself, I am goin blanking the EGR this weekend also and was thinking eith green cotton or induction kit!

What is blanking the egr? Is this something just for Diesels?

Car's comin on great pal! Wheels are a nice upgrade at a great price and glad you got the mudflaps sorted in the end...should look well with badges too. Looking forward to watching it progress.

Thanks a lot Gary! After to putting those mudflaps on I just kept thinking must get alloys must get alloys must get alloys!!! Haha!

Thanks mate,

Before purchasing though, have a look at the K&N57s kit

Its a bit more expensive and I've not fitted it personally but it does look to be better and definitely bigger with additional side cold feed induction.

I will check out that kit - but its going to take some persuading to change my mind from the cotton filter. I think its nice that you don't have to change the kit yet you still get improvement. Can I ask what you have done about an exhaust system?
  • Like 1

What is blanking the egr? Is this something just for Diesels?

I will check out that kit - but its going to take some persuading to change my mind from the cotton filter. I think its nice that you don't have to change the kit yet you still get improvement. Can I ask what you have done about an exhaust system?

Blanking the EGR is for diesels

Is Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve,

It basically opens under heavy acceleration and re inserts waste gases back in to the combustion via the induction pipe,

Fitting a blanking plate to the valve ensures your diesel engine takes in fresh air each time, it also keeps your oil cleaner and helps your turbo spool quicker due to a slight increase in back pressure.

For the exhaust ive fitted a Piper Performance T305 Stainless 2.5" duplex system with oval tips,

It was built by piper performance in essex and shipped over to me in ireland, where i had it fitted to the car by custom exhaust fitter Souhan.ie

Piper build the system to fit on to ford ST exhaust mounts purchased from ford for around 30 pounds for both mounts and bushes,

The piper exhaust replaces the stock system from the tip of the downpipe all the way back including silencer back box and is a

2.5" internal bore compared to 1.5" stockImage2308.jpg Image2306_zps15bf0ddc.jpg IMG_20130521_131258_zpsffd2a6e3.jpgIMG_20130521_131136_zps21d607af.jpg

what cotton filter are you looking at ? do you have a link ??
i am not sure what to go for myself..

Blanking the EGR is for diesels

Is Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve,

It basically opens under heavy acceleration and re inserts waste gases back in to the combustion via the induction pipe,

Fitting a blanking plate to the valve ensures your diesel engine takes in fresh air each time, it also keeps your oil cleaner and helps your turbo spool quicker due to a slight increase in back pressure.

For the exhaust ive fitted a Piper Performance T305 Stainless 2.5" duplex system with oval tips,

It was built by piper performance in essex and shipped over to me in ireland, where i had it fitted to the car by custom exhaust fitter Souhan.ie

Piper build the system to fit on to ford ST exhaust mounts purchased from ford for around 30 pounds for both mounts and bushes,

The piper exhaust replaces the stock system from the tip of the downpipe all the way back including silencer back box and is a

2.5" internal bore compared to 1.5" stockImage2308.jpgImage2306_zps15bf0ddc.jpgIMG_20130521_131258_zpsffd2a6e3.jpgIMG_20130521_131136_zps21d607af.jpg

Jesus! That must have cost you an arm and a bollock!! JEEEEEZE!!!!!! Thats some good going - if only I could do this cost effective. I really want to upgrade - eventually!

what cotton filter are you looking at ? do you have a link ??

i am not sure what to go for myself..

http://www.priracing.com/section.php/826/1/focus-mk2-2-5/01de7a15abb8043a23c11e5a57b8839a

Lenny is biggin it up and so it must be good! Definitely going to invest in this once windows are all done!

• Like 1

Jesus! That must have cost you an arm and a bollock!! JEEEEEZE!!!!!! Thats some good going - if only I could do this cost effective. I really want to upgrade - eventually!

http://www.priracing.com/section.php/826/1/focus-mk2-2-5/01de7a15abb8043a23c11e5a57b8839a

Lenny is biggin it up and so it must be good! Definitely going to invest in this once windows are all done!

The exhaust cost £480 exc. Delivery, mounts and of course the fitting.

The mounts are purchased from ford for less than £30 all in.

ZenSport offer free delivery on all purchase over £60

They are a registered stockest for piper performance

So here is a link to the piper section: http://www.ruderacing.co.uk/Performance_Parts-Exhausts_/_Heat_Wrap-Piper_Exhausts-Ford-Focus/c29632_531_138031_138044_138048/index.html

Its stainless T305 so a life time job done and the guys at piper really do make it a hidden work of art under the car,

Sounds sweet too has a muscle car growel which led me to fit some muscle car style side stripes lol

The exhaust is expensive but I was unemployed for over a year, my focus was off the road due to lack of funds for insurance,

I then took a job on an internship which means: you work 40hrs per week just like a job but the job doesn't pay you a penny,

Instead the government pays you an additional €50 on your unemployment benefit for 9 months, and the company gets a 20℅ tax incentive for taking on interns, to keep the unemployment register figures low,

There was no jobs out there so I went at it for the 9 months and never missed a day,

Promised myself ''if I get employed after the 9 months then I'm going to buy that exhaust with first months wages''

Thankfully they offered me a position at the end of the internship and I purchased the exhaust then traveled up to souhans to have it fitted by their experienced staff swell as a remap,

Thankfully I'm now a permanent employee which has allowed me to fur fill my obcession

Regarding the Green Cotton Performance induction filter,

Please read the reviews from other petrol engined owners in the Guide thread for a more specific view on their experience from fitting,

I say this because

The increase in performance will be there but non turbo cars don't feel it quite as much as the turbo'ed

You will still get some level of increase in fuel econemy, a nice induction woosh sound and a smoother feeling on gear change but the experience may not be as much as those who have fitted to turbo'ed engine.

Hope this helps and sorry for so much detail but I feel the need to explain the background regarding the exhaust I've earned it lol

Sounds like you have earned it mate - and good on you! Im just glad your pleased with it - you have done a great job.

Maybe when I have the funds I can then get a custom exhaust, hopefully not that much money though else I will never get it! Haha

I think I want to go for that filter no matter what - it will surely do some good for the car!

• Like 1

Got these on both back mudflaps - hope you guys like them as much as I do!!

Also got my windows tinted today - will get pics up when the lighting is a bit better, its really light here so all the windows looks the same :(

post-43665-0-49960700-1374763696_thumb.j

So here are tinted windows - well pleased with the outcome! I think the car is coming along nicely - just really want to get that ST spoiler... or at least a colour coded spoiler. Whats your suggestions?

So its not letting me upload the pictures and keeps saying upload failed :( will try again soon though :(

Okay pictures up now :)

post-43665-0-32558900-1374936345_thumb.j

post-43665-0-78383900-1374936375_thumb.j

post-43665-0-04142000-1374936403_thumb.j

post-43665-0-49089700-1374936441_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club