Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIESTA RS1800 RUNNING BADLY!! PLEASE HELP

andyroo89

Hello i have an rs1800 and it has an air leak (unplugged mass flow and it runs) when mass flow is plugged in it bounces from 200rpm ish to 1500rpm and usually cuts out a lot and is VERY juddery when revving.

i have checked the mass flow, the intake L shaped bit of piping on top of the rocker cover, i have removed and refitted throttle body with a bit of added grease on the gasket, pushed the vacuum pipe for the brake servo in where it connects to the manifold, blocked off both the exhaust gas recirculation and the supply to what i think is the carbon filter on the front O/S just behind the side of the bumper, unplugged the throttle position sensor erm and unplugged the air pressure sensor in the back of the manifold...

AND STILL NO CHANGE!!!!

does anyone know what it could be?

thanks!

andy

Have you added any of your own modifcations to it? Air intake, exhaust etc?

no, just breather filter and thats it. its showing as an air leak because of the mass flow but i cant find it for the life of me!!!

you tryed puting a new set of plugs in it and leads? infact take the spark plugs out inspect them and let us no what colour they are my mates was coverd in water so he thought this was the head gasket but infact it was the cat does you car have a cat ?

danny

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club