sdavies1505

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Lucy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2004

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

My Fiesta 1.4 Tdci 04 started playing up yesterday. I first noticed that in 1st and 2nd gears it seemed to loose a bit of power and was a bit jerky in acceleration but I could still get up to 70/80 mph and 3rd, 4th and 5th were fine. I have tried to reverse out of my drive (which is on a slope) and I cannot get out of the drive! Every time I try the car cuts out at around 1500 revs unless I depress the clutch.

I had a mechanic out to it today and he managed (with a lot of effort to get it off the drive), I thought it may be a clutch issue but he said he wasn't sure it was, he also said he thinks its electrical and then said it seems like a fuel problem and needed to recover it to fault find, which I cannot really afford and I'm not convinced about his honesty!
Most of the time it starts fine, I have had a few occasions where I've gone to start it and it turns once and cuts out but always starts the next time I try which is immediately after.
Any ideas would be much appreciated as I can't afford to get someone in to fault find!

Thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Id try set of glow plugs

#3 sdavies1505

sdavies1505

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm wondering if the injectors would cause similar issues because it also has quite a noisy ticking which is there all the time but gets louder when I accelerate and the revs get up to over 3000

#4 Gombal

Gombal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Name: Arjen
  • Ford Model: Fusion
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

When was the last time the fuelfilter was changed?

#5 sdavies1505

sdavies1505

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

September last year, had a full service then, you reckon that's worth a shot first?

#6 Gombal

Gombal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Name: Arjen
  • Ford Model: Fusion
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Probably not but it was the first thing that came to mind. But i used to drive a oldtimer (Mercedes Benz 250D 1986) and there's no electronics in that.

First thing i think of as to electronics is your MAF sensor. After a bit of Googling i found this ( http://easyautodiagn...nsor_ford_1.php and this http://easyautodiagn...st_tracer_1.php ), if you have a multimeter you can easily scheck it yourself. It's for different engines but a MAF sensor is a MAF sensor. And a link to clean your MAF sensor, worth trying first but just read it and maybe it will be the fix for you, i hope.

Also the symptoms are more or less the same.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users