Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Replacement

redholt

Evening,

Had an accident today and left my handbrake off in the drive! Dumbass. Anyway, only the bonnet was damaged but lots of scratches and a large dent in the front. Ive found bonnet nearby for £60 but I have some reservations.

The new bonnet is the same colour but will the shade vary dramatically and/or can it be rectified?

Is it easier to get a bonnet from ford and get it colour matched?

Cheers guys

if you want a cheap fix, get the bonnet, you could always do a T-CUT on the bonnet or body work (whichever is more 'dull') and bring the colour back so that its a better match, however if you have the extra money, then you can buy that, and take it to a respray shop and get them to do a colour match.

You can always go to Ford, but you will pay a lot more...

Cheers Jeebo,

The bonnet went this morning so I've spent my day off looking about with no luck. Body shop quoted £200 to sort dents and scratches. Bleurgh!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on this. Got an after market bonnet fitted but it is not sitting flush. I asked the guy who fitted it who said that it didn't have height adjusters so it would not sit right. I subsequently spoke to the bonnet supplier who said I need to lift the front panel or drop the slam panel. I have no clue how to do any of this so was going to take it to a body shop to have a look at it but thought I would ask you guys to se if it was something simple. I've attached a photo to show the gap between the grill and the bonnet nose.

post-32682-0-91575300-1378545072_thumb.j

post-32682-0-04197400-1378545366_thumb.j