Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Saloon Rear High Break Light Housing Issue

APJ

Hello people,

Hopefully this is a relatively easy problem to sort out....as my car has been good as gold recently.

I noticed while washing my car the other day that the rear high center break light (the one thats sits inside the back window right at the top) had collected a few dead flies. So i decided to remove the housing around the light to give it a good clean out. Its a bit of a fiddle to get the housing off and on as i have the saloon therefore the back window doesnt lift up with the boot. Anyway once i had reattached it after cleaning i now notice that it vibrates against the window ever so slightly when im driving. I think it had some kind of soft glue which helped keep it in place before i took it off..so now the plastic rim of the housing is just vibrating against the window. What can i do to stop it vibrating......is there a special soft glue i can dab on so it clings to the window? dont really want to wedge something in as it wont look very good from the outside. Any ideas?

cheers

Adam

you could always use a rubber seal, or you could apply a light silicone beading to the contact points and then refit, that should absorb the vibration.

yeah i was thinking of using some kind of rubber seal....will have to be really thin though so its unrecognisable from outside. Gona pop over to halford on the way home tonight to see what they've got

silicone would be best as it will let in water now the seal has been broken

If nothing else, you could always use a double sided sticky pad on top and bottom. to stop vibration.

would the silicone damage the glass if i ever have to remove the housing again?

double sided sticky pad could be a very good short term fix

nah the silicone should just peel off, just make sure you buy one that does not state anywhere "not for use on glass" but 99% of the time, it works fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club