Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coil Pack - Power Steering Loose?

Crawf

Hi guys,

New here, hoping to get some advice if possible please. :)

I have a 2004 Ford Focus 1.6. On Monday, the engine cut out over 10 times on my way to work. Laboured start up as if I was starting in 3rd gear, once moving there was a lack of response on the accelerator, took a long time to build up any speed. Stopping in traffic would result in the engine cutting out, dash showed battery and oil lights. If I was turning when it cut out, I would feel the power steering fail.

I dropped it in to Halfords on Monday night. They replaced spark plugs, HT leads and ignition coil pack. The car is now running fine but since picking it up last night, I have noticed issues with the power steering. It's not touch sensitive like
it was, it feels looser - almost like floating instead of having full control and requires a lot more steering. The acceleration was nippy and responsive before, now it's slow and sluggish.

I took it back to Halfords this evening, they told me it can't be power steering rack, can't be pump, there's enough power steering fluid in the reservoir and that I'm being paranoid.

I know there's a huge difference to before this issue started on Monday. I don't believe it's the power steering itself - could they perhaps have put in the wrong coil pack, knocked something, loosened something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club