Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V5C Detail What Does This Mean

sporty66

hi on my focus were it says version on the left hand side it says : EURO 45ABA LC anyone know what the EURO means thanks

Euro I believe is the compliancy, so Euro 4 is the engine that contains the DPF system normally

Euro I believe is the compliancy, so Euro 4 is the engine that contains the DPF system normally

thanks what does dpf mean "sorry to ask

hi on my focus were it says version on the left hand side it says : EURO 45ABA LC anyone know what the EURO means thanks

oh my car is a petrol also not a diesel hope this helps thanks

euro 4 emissions compliable means from january 2005 the car must not emit more than a certain amount of emissions newer cars are euro 5

In that case DPF is not for your car, but as Arthur said, its all about the emissions targets.

@sporty Just so you know! i hate not knowing what things mean lol

A diesel particulate filter (or DPF) is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of a diesel engine. Wall-flow diesel particulate filters usually remove 85% or more of the soot, and under certain conditions can attain soot removal efficiencies of close to 100%. Some filters are single-use, intended for disposal and replacement once full of accumulated ash. Others are designed to burn off the accumulated particulate either passively through the use of a catalyst or by active means such as a fuel burner which heats the filter to soot combustion temperatures; engine programming to run when the filter is full in a manner that elevates exhaust temperature or produces high amounts of NOx to oxidize the accumulated ash, or through other methods. This is known as "filter regeneration". Cleaning is also required as part of periodic maintenance, and it must be done carefully to avoid damaging the filter. Failure of fuel injectors or turbochargers resulting in contamination of the filter with raw diesel or engine oil can also necessitate cleaning.[1] The regeneration process occurs at road speeds higher than can generally be attained on city streets; vehicles driven exclusively at low speeds in urban traffic can require periodic trips at higher speeds to clean out the DPF.[2] If the driver ignores the warning light and waits too long to operate the vehicle above 40 miles per hour (64 km/h), the DPF may not regenerate properly, and continued operation past that point may spoil the DPF completely so it must be replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club