Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust On Ford Fiesta Zs

DAN222

Dan,

The deffuser was bought for about 150 Eur, & cost me £75 to get it proffesionaly painted. The exhaust trim was £29 from Halfords.

There's no difference to the sound that I can tell, but I was only interested in how it looked anyway.

I have a spare wheel & it made no difference to fitting the ST deffuser, I just clipped it in & used a self tapper at either end to secure it.

Gary -I thought that the st diffuser came in white as standard but that is much cheaper than I thought if u don't mind me asking where did you buy it from and I am considering going to power flow.

Dan -the nearest power flow is in kingswinford which is where I used to work and I know it isn't far from Stourbridge so maybe we could meet up when I'm up there next

Ok did you just take it to a paint sprayer or did you take it to ford and I take it that they are safe to buy from then

Ok did you just take it to a paint sprayer or did you take it to ford and I take it that they are safe to buy from then

I took it to a local car sprayer. & all I can say is that I've ordered 2 items from them with no problems

Gary - Thanks for the info and pics.

Thats a very impressive price!

I will get some prices sorted when ive finished working and will look into it.

- Brian - Yeh Kingswinford is about 20 mins from my house.

However i would have to get back to you on when.

I work till 6 (everyday) - and am at London all this weekend.

Still havent received these mudflaps, i will give it 1 more day and then ring them!

This tip looks fairly nice:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-STAINLESS-TWIN-EXHAUST-TAIL-PIPE-TIP-FORD-FIESTA-FOCUS-MONDEO-FORDAB04-/330867801872?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0941ff10

then again the one Gary got from Halfords looks good.

but powerflo would be a good idea to see the actual exhausts in person and measure i suppose.

DAN-

Just ensure any 'tip' is long enough to reach the exhaust cut out in the defuser so it sits 'right'. Hard to say for sure, but the turborevs one in the link looks to short.

Admittedly I stumbled on my Rip speed 'tip' more by accident than design, but I really like it.

Gary - Great advice. Its probably best to fit the diffuser and then make measurements for the exhaust tip.

Appreciate your input.

This is my 'tip' viewed from below the car, when I get a chance I'll measure it up to give you an idea of the length.

null-17.jpg

EDIT-

I've measured it & it's 24.5cn's long.

great, thanks.

Im quite sure you are gonna say between 22 - 24cm entire length of tip.

another quick question.

I can see that ford have used a various tool (screw driver) to pin the original diffuser on - im assuming you just used a small flat and made do?

Dan- this is the colour I'm painting my alloys and also hoping to match it to my roof and wing mirrors what do you think

post-43882-0-90855000-1374512421_thumb.j

another quick question.

I can see that ford have used a various tool (screw driver) to pin the original diffuser on - im assuming you just used a small flat and made do?

It's got one pot rivet either side, I drilled it out & used a self tapping screw, after drilling a small pilot hole first.

Brian - Definitely will look different - whats that colour actually called?

Gary - Top man, thanks again!

I am still waiting for these mud-flaps.

Im gonna ring them tommorow and see where they are =(

Anyway,

Im thinking about going ahead with this ST diffuser and get it ordered.

If your interested Brian, i might try and be cheeky by emailing them and asking discount for two. :P

let me know if your interested. Or if the postage is expensive from abroad, having one lot of postage and then meeting to finish off the tail pipe.

Only if you are interested that is.

Yeah I'm interested in that but I goon holiday for 2 weeks on sat so I will get back to you after then it's called fire black but then I painted a clear gloss lacquer on top

yeh ok - have a good one.

still no mudflaps. - getting frustrated now.

Im quite sure you are gonna say between 22 - 24cm entire length of tip.

I've measured it & it's 24.5cn's......You were very close :)

Any shorter than 24cn's wouldn't look right IMO.

Great. Thanks for that. Im aiming for a 25 / 26cm tip i think

That measurment is taken with the 'tip' back as far as it will go against the original back box, it's possible to move the 'tip' up to 2cm's further out towards the deffuser along the original exhaust pipe it clamps too if you want.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club