Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 125 Remap

claus10

There is a difference on paper of 25hp more on the 1,0 as we know, and the same torque at normal use, and the boost gives 30nm over shorter period up to 30 secs, but dunno if the boost is done with a different turbo or the engine management..

http://media.ford.com/news/fordfocus1_0litreecoboostspecifications.htm - Transient overboost

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• claus10

• Willy

• Lester1102

• Imbalance

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi I have a 125ps and was wondering what the difference I'm the turbo was and also what did you mean by over boost function cheers

The overboost function is only there on the 125ps version and the ST.

It's not optional or anything, it's just there.

On the 125ps it's enabled when you floor it, and it raises the turbo pressure in order to generate more torque (30nm more). It only does this for 20 or 30 seconds (can remember which), afterwards it needs to cool off a bit before it's available again.

On the ST it increases torque a bit more AFAIR, and you can use more often. Also on the ST it's increasing torque so high in the rpm range that it pushes maximum power up as well (from 182 ps to 197 ps)

On the 125 ps version it increases torque between 1400-4500 rpm AFAIR, and since max power is at 6000 rpm, the overboost function does not increase power above 125 ps.

Hope this clears it up :)

Superchips replied to my enquiry about a remap and this was there response.

This is under development so keep an eye on the bluefin website as we hoping that this should be complete in the next month or so.

So still nothing :(

Superchips replied to my enquiry about a remap and this was there response.

This is under development so keep an eye on the bluefin website as we hoping that this should be complete in the next month or so.

So still nothing :(

The same with Pumaspeed, a lot of new kit to buy for the ST, but only boring stuff for sale for our 1,0's..

Well I was thinking as soon as the bluefin one comes out what does everyone reakon to a group buy see if we can get a discount on the go :(

Tht was meant to be smiley face :) ha

Take a vacation in Denmark and get it mapped now :D

Take a vacation in Denmark and get it mapped now :D

Good idea plus it'll be cheaper too :)

Our remaps gunna cost around £450 :(

Mine is still buzzing hard. Remember to use high octane guys - it gives a little extra power.

• 2 months later...

Alright here is the numbers.

152 BHP / PS and 237 NM.

Another guy got his Fiesta done as well (100 BHP Ecoboost). 145 BHP / PS and 249 NM. Perhaps they are the same turbos afterall :-)

Mine is still running like a charm btw.

Capture.PNG

Ok so what is the difference between the turbo on the 100ps and the turbo on the 125ps

As fas as i am aware, the only difference is electronic (the map) the 100PS and 125PS are phisically identical, including the turbo

As fas as i am aware, the only difference is electronic (the map) the 100PS and 125PS are phisically identical, including the turbo

But still there has been a lot of talk about different turbos. This would indicate that it's identical.

152 BHP / PS and 237 NM.

Another guy got his Fiesta done as well (100 BHP Ecoboost). 145 BHP / PS and 249 NM. Perhaps they are the same turbos afterall :-)

What about max speed after remap?

Orginal 0-60 is aprox 9,4s, any imporovement here? Maybe you can post some video? :-)

Fuel consumption has changed?

What about max speed after remap?

Orginal 0-60 is aprox 9,4s, any imporovement here? Maybe you can post some video? :-)

Fuel consumption has changed?

Max speed. Never tried it - before or after. But it's hell of a lot faster to 0-100 mph :-)

I'd say probably shaved a second of 0-100. I'm not crazy about revving hard and slamming the clutch :-)

Same fuel consumption. More when you use the power, lower in daily use since I can overtake in higher gear.

From what you are saying - its worth doing a chip to our car.

What about warianty? Maybe they (dealer/service) wont noticed that you modded chip?

I`m on my best way to do the same - like you just did :-)

And I love that quote:

But it's hell of a lot faster to 0-100 mph :-)

As asked before.

Any DIY remaps for us yet?

but lets talk warranty.

I dont really want a remap with no warranty in tacked.

From what you are saying - its worth doing a chip to our car.

What about warianty? Maybe they (dealer/service) wont noticed that you modded chip?

I`m on my best way to do the same - like you just did :-)

And I love that quote:

It's simple really, if you are worried about your warranty - don't get your car mapped. Win some lose some.

152 BHP / PS and 237 NM.

Capture.PNG

Pretty impressive numbers for a 1.0 turbo!!

I only hope bluefin can get those kind of results over here.

Pretty impressive numbers for a 1.0 turbo!!

I only hope bluefin can get those kind of results over here.

Agreed. I'm waiting on Superchips to release their map on Bluefin. Wouldnt really consider a map that wasnt removeable and having previous experience of Bluefin (and other hand-held remap devices) I really cant fault them.

Agreed. I'm waiting on Superchips to release their map on Bluefin. Wouldnt really consider a map that wasnt removeable and having previous experience of Bluefin (and other hand-held remap devices) I really cant fault them.

We'll after contacting super chips today.

They sent me this http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=2&variant=2559

So it seems they have the map ready, even though it says for the focus I imagine it will be the same map for the fiesta.

Not very impressed with a 16bhp gain for £400 though

Not the best torque figure's either looking at the above maps.

I have just been in contact with TDI Tuning, they will re map your car or you can choose to use one of their tuning boxes.

I used to have one on my Jag and they are a good bit of kit.

Talking to them they are saying a power increase of between 150bhp - 152 bhp and a torque figure of 204 N/M.

These boxes are £289.99 and are plug and play so you can remove these when ever going to the Garage and they are completely untraceable which I can vouch for as Jaguar never knew I had one on my car.

The other bonus for these is that as they are a plug and play management system none of the factory safety features are removed.

I have ordered my new tuning box and it should arrive early next week.

Also with these is that if you change your car you can have them re mapped for your next car.

This is a good company and a good piece of kit and with the increase of power for the price is significantly cheaper than the Superchips Bluefin.

Just another option which I would recommend.

I don't really understand the obsession about numbers. 5-10 HP more or less etc. It's how it drives on the road that matters. Just get your cars mapped. It's a semi ST now :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club