Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extra Miles After A Few Fill Ups?

frostman83

Had my car 6 months. 2010 1.6 focus.

When I first got it I would fill up to the max and millage would say 393 miles left.

After a can of bkg44 I think it's called and using v power and tesco 99 a few times, when I fill up with normal fuel I get 410 miles left ?

Coincidence? Or could the trip computer be a bit liberal in its guess work?

Thought I'd ask.

The trip computer works on the basis of your average mpg, so as your average mpg increases, so too will your range.

• Like 1

If you want some more mpg dont fill it to the brim tge more fuel the heavier the car the more fuel you need to use to get it moving in the first place i do half tanks enough to do me the week without hitting the reserve

• Like 1

If you want some more mpg dont fill it to the brim tge more fuel the heavier the car the more fuel you need to use to get it moving in the first place i do half tanks enough to do me the week without hitting the reserve

so true i had an argument with the hypermilers on fuelly about this whats the point of shedding all your weight then brimming the tank for an acuurate mpg figure, they didnt like that much lol

I can imagine it is pretty pointless after you have the figures if it was done in two stages the figure would be higher ive given up with mpg figures i just drive as i always do

I can imagine it is pretty pointless after you have the figures if it was done in two stages the figure would be higher ive given up with mpg figures i just drive as i always do

I do to.

I normally fill up and I get a reading of 430 to 450 miles. I tried driving very gently on a regular long run and found the MPG dropped to 36mpg. So I drove it normally on the way back and I averaged 41mpg. I am currently getting between 43 and 45 on a run and usually average over 40 by driving it normally. The engine management system adjusts to your style of driving anyway.

Tesco 99 does work better than the normal stuff, I used to put it in my old focus st just to test to see if the ad for more miles was true. I started on standard fuel and then changed to 99 and after a few months my ranged increased by about 40 miles per week on the same route everyday. Once I got my new focus I just defaulted to 99 and my range varies between 420 and 470 miles depending on the average mpg.

There is something strange about the mileage shown i too have had similar things happen, for example running my fuel really low (Gas stations had issues end up running dangerously low on fuel)

I stopped at the first gas station and the car said 10 miles left. after starting up the engine again... the car did not move. 27 miles were being displayed. I figured fuel in the lines/rails are not being taken into consideration. I don't believe it's a lot of fuel but after filling up it could account for the extra miles

I don't know how much difference half a tank makes tbh but i can imagine it being an extra 20kg less than half the weight of a slender female passenger, diesel engines have so much torque i kind of rather side with it not making much difference (On diesels)

I dislike going to the petrol station so always fill it. Worth the extra few quid to tanker it in my opinion!