15 replies to this topic

#16 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Righto, the Ronbox is in, but I am not too sure if I can identify the FPS and MAP sensor

is the FPF top left of this?

FPS.JPG

and the MAP here:

MAP.JPG

The sensor connected tho the "spider" thingy looks like the FPS (fuel pressure sensor) - the 5-way union acts as a common rail - so this is the common rail fuel pressure sensor  

The MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor is normally in the boost hoses/ pipes in between the intercooler and the inlet manifold the MAF sensor is usually between the airbox and turbo (compressor air inlet)

Once you have fitted the tuning box, they often respond well to an ECU reset (disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to reset the ECU, so it "relearns"- watch you don't loose your radio code ) -

A fresh air filter helps too (i change mine every 6-months) because the tuning box (basic) "increases the diesel",a good airflow helps to balance this and you don't want a clogged filter - Alternatively (if you must) you can fit a K&N panel filter

The settings on the rover-ron box used to go from 1 to 10 (you have one of the newer 2-channel ones though) - it is easy to assume that level 10 would produce more power than (say) level 9, but that may not be the case - level 10 may just needlessly produce too much smoke - ideally you should test the car in controlled conditions - like testing the 30-70mph (on the same bit of tarmac, same incline/ same weight in the car/ same weather etc) (safely off road, of course :) ) (with a stopwatch) - if you can find the lowest setting on the box that still maintains the quickest time you have found the best setting for performance and probably economy (maximum performance with minimum fuel used)

PS - im good at finding things, i was searching for something else entirely  and i stumbled across the diagram for the mk4 exhaust!   

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users