Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

and all of them great cars!! never any problems...

the black ka is doing the best, its done 120 thousand miles now an never had a service... apart from what dad has done on basics.. tyres, oil etc....

Glad to see I'm not the only Ka fan on this forum--what fantastic little cars they are.

My Janet's on her third one and she loves it---as well as reliability it's amazing just how much stuff you can get in a Ka.

We had a complete bathroom suite in our first one--OK the front seat was folded forward---it always fetches the Xmas tree (you can't beat a real one--such a pleasant smell and just adds to the atmosphere of Xmas).

Back to your question Dale, I've had no problems with my fiesta and I've had it since January.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Rikos

Rikos

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 LX

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Well where do i start........

I was driving down the motorway and my door just fell off...... i thought it was a one off until my other door fell off going round a round about.
I wasnt to concerned as it was a hot day, so it saved me using the air con. I then parked up and found i had a flat tyre so i opened the boot which i noticed had 'made in japan' on it ...... the cheek!

I got out the spare wheel which was from a bmx 8" bmx wheel and continued trying to change the wheel. I got out the jack but he wasnt in the mood so went with jill to fetch a pale of water. I had to lift the car with one hand while changing the wheel with the other, so it was quite handy that i had eaten my spinach just before. I changed the wheel but lost all the bolts to tighten it back up, so i just used a bit of sticky back plastic.

After changing the wheel i realised i was late so jumped in the car which was obviously quicker and easier to enter now it had no doors, started her up and found that the engine was making a strange noise. I jumped out (i was quite energetic with all the jumping, think the spinach was still working) and opened the bonnet. I soon discovered that one of the hamsters in his wheel was not to well so quickly swapped it for another and it was soon back to full power. Mine is the uprated version with 15 whp (wheeled hamster power). After having such a bad day i decided to solve global warming, hunger and provide world peace.

There you go dalester, thats about as accurate as the papers are so it should slot in pretty nicely. If your not a journalist then my apologies but it should at least make you smile.

PS. i have had no problems what so ever with my fiesta, it has been spot on since the day i got it.

#18 smudger

smudger

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: 2009 Fiesta 1.6TDCi Titanium 5dr
Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

He doesnt mean he gets a laugh from others problems! This is a PM that he sent me explaining whats what before he posted this topic.

Fair enough. But why wasn't he up front about it. He could have put that in his original post, at least everyone would have known what he was about then.

#19 scaryfruit

scaryfruit

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCi
Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hey guys,

What faults have you experienced with the latest Fiesta release?

Cheers!

I had a problem with the gears yesterday. Basically couldn't change gear and turned out to be the gear linkage had popped out of place. The garage were great and had it fixed within hours. They said they couldn't see anything to explain how this happened and could only guess that it hadn't been properly connected during the build process.

The car's only done 1000 miles and I'm a very careful driver. My garage has filed a report with Ford to make them aware. But it does look to be a genuine one off event. Certainly no talk of regular occurances of this on the web.

This is my first ever Ford and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with it. It's an absolute dream to drive!! I find myself looking for excuses to "pop to the shops" so I can take it out. Went to Tescos the other night at 11pm because I realised I was out of kitchen roll :)

#20 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Went to Tescos the other night at 11pm because I realised I was out of kitchen roll :)

lol love it!!

Glad your loving your car ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users