• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blonde_abbie

blonde_abbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

my car is a 53 ka with 42000 i had to get head done a few months ago!! and it keeps cutting out wen im driving along i put my foot on accelirator and it just gives a lil burst of power then dies if i drop down the gear it will do the same i have to turn off my car and back on while im stil driving this is becoming quite dangerous now if any one could please help ill be most greatfull thanks

regards abbie

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 craggy

craggy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

my car is a 53 ka with 42000 i had to get head done a few months ago!! and it keeps cutting out wen im driving along i put my foot on accelirator and it just gives a lil burst of power then dies if i drop down the gear it will do the same i have to turn off my car and back on while im stil driving this is becoming quite dangerous now if any one could please help ill be most greatfull thanks

regards abbie

thats a bit rich having your head done with 42000 on the clock.
it could be a number of things ,
idle speed control valve
fuel filter blocked
oxegen sensor
throttle position sensor
try cleaning them and use a bit of wd40 , and check your pipes for leaks or splits and connected properly.
wife used to have a ford ka but i can't remember where these items are , they shoulding be to hard to find.

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

thats a bit rich having your head done with 42000 on the clock.
it could be a number of things ,
idle speed control valve
fuel filter blocked
oxegen sensor
throttle position sensor
try cleaning them and use a bit of wd40 , and check your pipes for leaks or splits and connected properly.
wife used to have a ford ka but i can't remember where these items are , they shoulding be to hard to find.

Dont use WD40 to clean sensors, use carb cleaner. WD40 will leave a coating behind when it evaporates. Carb cleaner wont.

#4 blonde_abbie

blonde_abbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

i will have alook thanks i have had to new oxygen sensors on it because engine anagiment kept coming on sayin it needed done and its back on!! i havnt had it plugd in to see what it ses yet

#5 rsford

rsford

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

im no expert at all and dont have a clue but,your unlucky having to get a new head already with low milage did someone forget to top up the oil for a few months ? ,i think a match and big push on the car out the street should do the job sounds like your spending more than its worth,insurance comes in handy in these times of need not that im suggesting you take these measures lol

#6 jonshepherd

jonshepherd

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: None
Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Take it back to the garage that fitted the cylinder head and say it hasn't run right since they fitted it.

#7 rsford

rsford

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

are you still angry or happy now?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users