Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

STEADS

2.0 Tdci Injectors

3 posts in this topic

Wonder if any one on here can shed any light on this just replaced the engine in my 2.0 tdci injectors came with engine now I know I will eventually have to have them coded to the ecu to run smoothly but would them not being programmed to the ecu for initial start up stop them opening .had it started briefly then ran out of juice more or less straight away aware of the probs with restarting but have juice at pump with no apparent air in line good fuel pressure but no start .so just wondering if the injectors are not opening due to not being programmed yet .any one had similar issues

My understanding is tat the injectors will work but may not run very well if they fall outside of the pressure range of those calibrated to the ecu.

So I guess you have another problem that is causing it not to start.

Thanks for reply Gary will give it another go in the morning hopefully just air in the system once I can get it started I,l l pop it down to my mate to program the injectors.