Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Fold Mirrors Via Remote

clubber

Does anyone know how to fold the power mirrors via the key remote as in the videos below?

The only guide I can find on FordWiki is for the 2003 Mondeo

Really interested in this mod myself sort of annoys me that a zetec S model does not have electric folding mirrors and electric rear windows as standard. Clubber i don't know how it works sorry mate but do you know if ST electric mirrors will work on a zetec s or any mods how to do it?

ST electric mirrors? Do you mean the normal electric wing mirrors? They should work no problem.

Remember, the ST doesn't have power fold or puddle lights. It was never an option.

surely its just the power fold mirrors with the switch connected to central locking (like on all new mercedes).

you would have to fit the power fold mirrors first and find a locations for the switch not sure where its fitted when purchased as an option if thats even possible. then add a relay switch which takes over and connects to the central locking system...

it kind of sounds straight forward in my head but i bet its an absolute pain in the back.

i believe the power fold mirrors are not cheap either!!

I

surely its just the power fold mirrors with the switch connected to central locking (like on all new mercedes).

you would have to fit the power fold mirrors first and find a locations for the switch not sure where its fitted when purchased as an option if thats even possible. then add a relay switch which takes over and connects to the central locking system...

it kind of sounds straight forward in my head but i bet its an absolute pain in the back.

i believe the power fold mirrors are not cheap either!!

I've done the powerfold mirrors with puddle lamps but oprated by a switch.

yunii

did your car come with power fold mirrors if not where can i get them and how much?

No,they did not, I fitted em with help from ffoc friends, I was kind of lucky to find brand new on eBay for an absolute bargain.

Yunii

I paid £65 + post each mirror

Then bought

Puddle lamp covers pair

bulbs holders pair

Can't remember prices but will check & get back to you

Yunii

I fitted these to my st3 and took me about 40 mins to complete :)

All I needed was the mirrors and the switch from the Mk2 RS and then add just add the one wire from the drivers mirror to the DDM :)

To find out if you can do the same you need to remove the door tweeter covers to reveal the mirror connection plug, on the passenger side you have to have 8 wires in the main door loom going to the grey plug that connects to the mirror

On the drivers side you have to have 7 wires going to the plug as you add the 8th and connect it to the DDM

• Like 1

I fitted these to my st3 and took me about 40 mins to complete :)

All I needed was the mirrors and the switch from the Mk2 RS and then add just add the one wire from the drivers mirror to the DDM :)

To find out if you can do the same you need to remove the door tweeter covers to reveal the mirror connection plug, on the passenger side you have to have 8 wires in the main door loom going to the grey plug that connects to the mirror

On the drivers side you have to have 7 wires going to the plug as you add the 8th and connect it to the DDM

Where do you exactly connect the wire to? Can you take some pictures of yours please? I was told you have to add a wire from the new switch to the DDM too

Where do you exactly connect the wire to? Can you take some pictures of yours please? I was told you have to add a wire from the new switch to the DDM too

You only have to add a wire to the switch if your going to use the duel switch that shares the alarm sensors

I can get some pics for you at the weekend if that's ok

You only have to add a wire to the switch if your going to use the duel switch that shares the alarm sensors

I can get some pics for you at the weekend if that's ok

I will be using the dual switch, it's just arrived at the dealer. Going to pick it up in a bit.

their is two ways to wire this, one is as what tezza says, one wire from mk3 type adjusting switch & the other which me & tezza originally did on mine , which is 3 wires ,using the combi alarm sensor delete & powerfolding switch.obviously tezza's way would be way better as 1.the switch is uk spec as found on mk3 focus & 2. only one wire to connect.

yunii

their is two ways to wire this, one is as what tezza says, one wire from mk3 type adjusting switch & the other which me & tezza originally did on mine , which is 3 wires ,using the combi alarm sensor delete & powerfolding switch.obviously tezza's way would be way better as 1.the switch is uk spec as found on mk3 focus & 2. only one wire to connect.

yunii

3 wires?

I thought it is 1 wire from mirror to blue plug on DDM and 1 wire from switch to black plug on DDM

Where does the 3rd wire go to?

3 wires?

I thought it is 1 wire from mirror to blue plug on DDM and 1 wire from switch to black plug on DDM

Where does the 3rd wire go to?

tezza will giude you as he did my un finished mod.

yunii

I thought 1 wire goes from the mirror plug pin 8

post-37776-0-41029400-1374600765_thumb.j

to the blue plug in the Driver Door Module (DDM), pin number 14

post-37776-0-96359500-1374600738_thumb.j

A 2nd wire goes from the new power fold switch/sensor switch, pin 3

post-37776-0-94434000-1374601320_thumb.j

to the black plug on the DDM, pin number 17

I think Thats correct, but you will need to enable via elm 327 on pdm/ddm, infact do this first.

Yunii

I think Thats correct, but you will need to enable via elm 327 on pdm/ddm, infact do this first.

Yunii

So only 2 wires then?

I have activated it already using ELMconfig.

Just waiting on the switch as the dealer ordered the wrong one.

So only 2 wires then?

I have activated it already using ELMconfig.

Just waiting on the switch as the dealer ordered the wrong one.

Yes only 2 wires :)

And do you know the part number of the second switch he has ordered as that one could be wrong also

did your car come with power fold mirrors if not where can i get them and how much?

I can get these for around £200 for the pair if anyone's interested all you would need to do is use your existing colour coded cover and your indicator lamp

I can get these for around £200 for the pair if anyone's interested all you would need to do is use your existing colour coded cover and your indicator lamp

is that just for the mirrors, or the mirrors and switch?

what does the switch look like a were would it be positioned and what do i need to check first if i choose to go ahead with this mod??

cheers for the help and pics would be great if thats possible

The price is just for the mirrors the switch would be a extra £38 for the one that fits in the door handle like this one in my video

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/ffoctezza/media/video_zpsa6652ad4.mp4.html

To find out if you can fit them you need to remove the door tweeter covers to reveal the mirror connection plug, on the passenger side you have to have 8 wires in the main door loom going to the grey plug that connects to the mirror

is that just for the mirrors, or the mirrors and switch? what does the switch look like a were would it be positioned and what do i need to check first if i choose to go ahead with this mod??cheers for the help and pics would be great if thats possible

Also the switch needs to be modded as it won't fit in your existing loom as its different,as I noticed, but I swapped the circuit board out of it into your stock one, basically swap bits over,but first try in your switch loom.

Yunii

How do you remove your existing colour coded covers.?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club