Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!

Mattyp1

Hi all,

Cut a long story short, fiesta had alternator replaced on Thursday, battery and new alternator showing

Correct voltages, so all working fine. But now I start the car engine will start then will idle roughly for a couple of seconds then cut out, also battery light flicks on pretty much straight away, no codes being shown, mechanic is at a loss as to what is wrong, he's going to take it into ford to see what they say... Anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening?

Thanks in advance guys

Matt

so the car starts, all seems fine, then just randonly cuts out?

sounds like its fuel starvation, remember the fire triangle at school? fuel + air + ignition = fire!

The battery light comes on with the other lights when the car stalls, so I wouldnt bev looking to it for the answer... When was the last service? could be that the heat is playing havoc with the fuelling process?

Car was serviced by ford around 3 weeks ago, the car will stay on if you put a fair bit of gas on and can be driven, but the light will stay on constantly, thanks in advance for any help

Hi, just thought I'd give an update in case anyone has same problem, turns out the car ecu doesn't like the aftermarket alternator which my mechanic fitted, even though it has a smart charge system etc.... So ford one will be fitted tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for any replies

Very helpful information! dare I ask the cost you are now out of pocket?

The ford alternator is £180 plus vat.... Do not use any other people!! Was fitted this morning and everything is spot on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club