3 replies to this topic

#1 dalester

dalester

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hey all,

You'll be getting sick of me now.....any problems with the Ford Focus at all? I see that MPG is starting to become a bit of a debate, is this a common problem?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

No problems at all with mpg. For the size of car the focus gives average miles per gallon return. Though as with all makes take manufacturers claims with a pinch of salt.

#3 Whelk8891

Whelk8891

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 Saloon 1.8 TDDi
Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

No problems at all with mpg. For the size of car the focus gives average miles per gallon return.

...except the MK2 1.4 petrol which gives pitiful MPG. My neighbours used to have one and didn't do much better than 200 miles off a full tank. In contrast, my MK1 1.8 TDDI with 135k on the clock is currently giving about 55MPG.

As if it isn't complicated enough, petrol is now much cheaper than diesel by more than 10p per litre so you need to factor that into your running costs too.

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Yeah on average you need to be covering 20,000 miles a year now to make owning a diesel more financially viable than a petrol with higher servicing cost and fuel prices.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users