Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Streetka - Problem With Bolt Securing Hard Top

Desi134

Hello Everyone,

I have just bought a ford streetka 2006 winter edition. When I collected it from the garage, the hard top was on the car.

I removed the hard top on Friday, as the weather was so nice, but decided to put it back on last night when the thunderstorms were announced.

I had no problem getting the roof into place, and tightened up the bolt on the passenger side, but when I tried to tighten the bolt on the driver's side, I couldn't get the thread to catch. I'd had trouble getting it off, but just thought it was a bit awkward, didn't notice anything wrong with it.

When I compared it to the passenger side, it did look like there was some kind of washer on there that didn't seem to be on the drivers side.

I rang the local Ford dealers today, & they are suggesting it would be around £114 to replace the whole bolt.

This seemed a bit excessive if it's just a case of a missing washer.

If anyone else has got any experience of this or can offer any advice, I would be really grateful.

Thanks All,

Ellen :)

Take both bolts and the one washer you have down to a good hardware store and see if they have a replacement washer, it should cost you pennies instead of the £114 that ford want.

Also when you replace the hard top, just fasten the first bolt up finger tight until you get the second one located, then tighten them up with a wrench or spanner

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. I rang Halfords first of all & they told me to go to a main dealer. I'll try the local shop tomorrow. :)

• 7 years later...

Can anyone help me! I have a winter hardtop roof but I can’t work out how to unbolt it to take it off! Any help  would be appreciated