2 replies to this topic

#1 old cruiser

old cruiser

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Ford Model: wife's 2006 Fiesta 1.25 [Climate]

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Took the car on it's first long run (since I've had it) and noticed slight vibration through front seats @ around 70mph 'ish , not really felt through steering wheel as such, so wondering if it's rear wheel balance issues or is it normal due to firmer suspension etc (compared to my old omega)
cheers Pete

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,938 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

hi pete

welcome to FOC

It certainly sounds like the rear wheels are out of balanced or one is buckled. this always happens at about 60-70 and again at a higher speed.

You may also want to have it checked on the wheel tracking. Best use a big company with a good system (dont bother with cheap small places as they are always incorrect) have that checked as it could also cause a vibration.

#3 old cruiser

old cruiser

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Ford Model: wife's 2006 Fiesta 1.25 [Climate]

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

hi pete

welcome to FOC

It certainly sounds like the rear wheels are out of balanced or one is buckled. this always happens at about 60-70 and again at a higher speed.

You may also want to have it checked on the wheel tracking. Best use a big company with a good system (dont bother with cheap small places as they are always incorrect) have that checked as it could also cause a vibration.

Hi steve,
Many thanks for your reply, this is certainly what I was suspecting
Cheers Pete

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users