Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Sat Nav & How To Play Music Which Pauses During Voice Commands

T--J

Hi all

Newbie here, got myself a Kuga last month, my 1st Ford. It's got the Ford Sync but I didn't opt for the inbuilt Sat Nav because it was so expensive! :huh: My current tomtom is so old it doesn't have bluetooth so looking to upgrade & not sure which model to get.

What I need:

- Voice commands to be played through the car Speakers & music to be muted during the command

- Preferrably have music via my USB but could play via phone or (as a last resort because I don't necessarily want to keep it on permanently) the sat nav

- A tomtom

- Europe maps because we take it abroad

- Lifetime map updates

- GO LIVE

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Like 1

- Voice commands to be played through the car speakers & music to be muted during the command

That's the tricky bit - as there is no standart/implemented way for the satnav to tell the radio to mute and play it's output. There are hardware solutions to connected between radio and Speakers (e.g., http://www.ge-tectronic.de/onlineshop/index.php?cat=c44_FastMute-FastMute.html). Other options are to also play music via the bluetooth device (mobile phone or PND/satnav), so the muting / audio priorisation is done in your device, or to wait for the European launch of Applink, assuming that it will be made available for "older" cars with Sync, and there soon will be navigation apps supporting Applkink for the large major platforms (IOS and Android).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club