Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Dibley1975

Can Hear A Suckstion Noise

3 posts in this topic

hi i have a 2001 ford mondeo 2.0 litre duratek engine and seems to be a shortage of acceleration there is no engine managment light on and the bulb is still in because i have looked been told a number of things what it could be from the lamba censor to air flow meter but there is like a air noise when i rev the engine so the other thing i have been told it could be the the vacum pipe can anyone shed any light please on what it could be please thanks

A common cause is the hose below the EGR valve splitting. You can replace it with another rubber one (which will split again, in time), or get a silicon one off of your favourite internet auction site, which won't cost as much as a new rubber hose would cost from Ford.

[edit] http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsilicone+egr+hose&_nkw=silicone+egr+hose&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Check the bellows hose as well under front left of bumper area