3 replies to this topic

#1 cecil

cecil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta finesse 1.3 3dr
Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

hello

i'm a new member with fiesta finesse 2003.

great site - already found out about sump drain plug in the first minute.

i have lost clutch pedal - plastic actuator between pedal and cylinder broken. thought i would have ago at fitting new master. i am having a problem with refitting pedal return spring.
has anyone had this problem?

cecil

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 craggy

craggy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

hello

i'm a new member with fiesta finesse 2003.

great site - already found out about sump drain plug in the first minute.

i have lost clutch pedal - plastic actuator between pedal and cylinder broken. thought i would have ago at fitting new master. i am having a problem with refitting pedal return spring.
has anyone had this problem?

cecil

what problem are you exactly having , can't get it on, can't remember where it fits , let us know.

#3 cecil

cecil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta finesse 1.3 3dr
Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

what problem are you exactly having , can't get it on, can't remember where it fits , let us know.

Hi craggy

Thanks for replying

The problem was the tension on the spring made it difficult to align the clutch pedal pin.
After a number of attempts, i managed to do it. I just wondered if there is an easier way to fit the spring.

I am back on the road again now, but i am beginning to wonder if i should have fitted a new spring.

Is it possible to fit a new spring, without removing the pedal and master cylinder assembly?

cecil

#4 craggy

craggy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hi craggy

Thanks for replying

The problem was the tension on the spring made it difficult to align the clutch pedal pin.
After a number of attempts, i managed to do it. I just wondered if there is an easier way to fit the spring.

I am back on the road again now, but i am beginning to wonder if i should have fitted a new spring.

Is it possible to fit a new spring, without removing the pedal and master cylinder assembly?

cecil

you should be okay with the old spring , i think you can replace the spring without removing the master cylinder , but i can't be 100% certain, i wouldn't personally bother putting a new spring on if everything feels okay.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users