Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommendation ?

smallzoo

Sent Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Hi, I have just bought a 2002 Focus 1.6 Ghia (FSH) for myself and my son learn in.

It drives really well but has too niggly problems..

one the car vibrates through the steering wheel on idle but not above around 1500 revs

two the gear selection seems a bit vague ( but not the clutch ).

I took it to a local garage who checked the obvious ( engine mountings etc ) but couldnt find any cause.. can you recommend a well priced independent or individual expert in cheshire/staffordshire that might be able to help ?.. thanks Peter ( Sandbach )

cant advise on an independant as I am not from around that way, however, the vibration on idle would suggest that a mount has gone, as to why your mechanic couldnt find anything, I would stuggle to identify anything else that would be related...?

as for the gear selection, it coulld be that the gear linkage requires replacement?

Possibly a slight vacuum leak around the inlet manifold somewhere, vacuum leaks tend to be most noticeable at idle. Check out youtube and search "vacuum leak detection using propane". Do not use carb cleaner as directed by some, very dangerous, and if you do try it, remember you only need a whiff of propane, not a gale force blast, and do it in a well ventilated area, i.e outside.

Thanks for the advice so far

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club