Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Selling My Ford Focus

M1308

I have a 2009 2.0 TDCi Ford Focus Zetec which I am possibly looking to sell. Now I currently have it under finance. The settlement figure for paying off the Finance is £5500. First of all what I'm looking to know is, is it legal to sell a car under Finance? And if not then secondly, is it possible to sell without too much difficulty?

Thanks guys.

Depends on the type of finance.

If it is not secured against the car then you have no problems selling it.

you may find no one wants to buy it as its still on finance technically it is not youre car to sell its the finance company so if i bought it from you and you dont pay im left paying youre finance i would speak to the company first as im sure they may say its not youre car to sell

You can't legaly sell the car if there is outstanding finance owing on the car. You can however part ex the car at a dealership and they will settle the finance for you. They would settle the finance from the value of your car. If your car is worth less than what you owe, you must pay off the remaining finance. So for example, if your car is worth £5,000 you would need to pay the extra £500 to clear the finance.

Another example could be, Your car is worth £6,000 and you would end up with £500 in your pocket.

Just remember the above comments only apply if it is an hp agreement.

Many finance packages on used cars are just unsecured personal loans. I bought my fiesta on finance through the garage and it was just a loan. I actually still have the same loan going despite changing car.

If there is no mention of hp on your agreement I would get hold of the finance provider and ask them to confirm the loan type and if it is secured on the vehicle - that's what I did.

You should get enougth or there about s to clear the loan anyway on a o9 plate so you shouldn't have a problem (as long as you use the money to pay the finance lol )

Depends what finance you have when i got my first car it was down as a personal loan and wernt secueed against the car hence why i part ex'ed it for my focus :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club