Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning Gas

Dan9014

Hi, i tested my air conditioning earlier using a thermometer and it came down to 8.3c but that was as far as it would go. Just wondering how cold should it be and would a re-gas bring it down any more?

If so how much gas would it need as there is no sticker underneath my bonnet!

Thanks in advance :)

As far as I'm aware, and I may well be wrong, when you get a re-gas they promise to get the temperature at least 10 degrees C below the outside temp - so with the heat we have had lately, your 8.3 degrees C sounds pretty good.

how did you test the a/c temp?

I used a digital thermometer which had a little prong on the end, i put the prong in the vent and got the temp :)

with the outside temp being what it is and the humidity you would likely need to have cold air going through the aircon radiator to have it drop any lower

Ok brill i know for a fact it hasn't been regassed in at least 2 years as i've had it for that long so wasn't sure but if that sounds ok then great it will save me some money.

Thanks for your help

did you close all but 1 dash vent and put the fans on full, you might find that it gives you a lower reading.

Yeah i did, that's what i was told to do

i was told that the core temp should be around 4 degrees.

Depends on the outside temp and humidity the aircon will cool at idle to a point the hot gas goes through the rad if theres no incoming air from the car moving then it wont cool enough thats why they wont test aircon below a certain temperature outside 10 degrees or so as the air is cool enough to give a false reading it can also take a few minutes to check window down aircon on cold fan set to recirculate give it a minute or two then fan off recirculate shut all bar one vent insert the thermometer and give it 5 mins max and youll get a better reading minimum temp is 5 degrees on standard non vss aircon pump the ti vct has the vss which regulates the gas to prevent freezing hence why it doesnt cycle on and off

Ok thank you all :) Big help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club