Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!!!!

ross2603

Ok so I drive a clapped out 1.4 ford focus 2000 plate,I have had a problem when car is under pressure,ie when I accelerate from traffic lights or up steep hills,

First the car will seem to lose power,a clicking/ticking noise can be heard from the dashboard with a juddering of the engine,feels like it just wont pick up revs. When cruising along there is no issue,only when having to put engine under pressure????????

It could be a number of things but I would start with the HT Leads that could be breaking down under load if they are old. Then plugs and fuel filter if these havent been changed for some time.

Thanks for the reply,I have changed all of the above,when I get this juddering of the engine,a ticking noise cones from the dash,occassionally the Speedo will simply reset or drop to zero????

sounds like the VSS is dropping out! your car probably has the defective speedo that previously had a recall (dont believe that Ford would accept the bill for it now!)

Thanks,doing some research and having read a lot of similar posts,it does sound very similar,would this explain the ticking clicking noise too?

Sounds like it, as the cluster was rather "tetchy", some saw the entire cluster cut out and die, others saw the screens just went hazy and fuzzy, others were never even affected!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club