#16 schnoodles

schnoodles

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Deli
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2013

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sync was only added from around Q3 2012.

My Focus was built 25th May 2012.

I'm actually quite glad from the horror stories I have been hearing, plus I have directional controls for the HU on my steering wheel, which is so much better for safely navigating my usb stick.

Syn has worked flawlessly for me with a 500gig HD connected. The lack of directional controls on the steering wheel bugs me, but most of the down side is mitigated by the voice control, which (despite being sceptical) I've found incredibly accurate and intuitive.

I guess it's a trade-off. The voice control is a lot better for finding music than directional controls, but on those occasions when you need to navigate manually (like searching through a list of albums when you can't remember the name of the one you're looking for), the lack of steering wheel controls is a pain.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,025 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Turned on nfc, Bluetooth, GPS and data then used my HTC car charger on the way home and it definitely charged the battery.

Might be worth taking it to your dealer and see if they can check it out.

#18 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,673 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's normal for your phone to discharge like this sometimes, it helps to protect the battery long term life. Leave it to charge/discharge completely once the phone has discharged properly it will recharge, it may turn off.

Check your phone manual for phone intake voltage and amps, check the CHARGER for correct outputs, A good battery should produce more than 12v.

A car battery will always produce more voltage and amps than required for any phone or laptop in general as it's DC to DC (Domestic chargers are AC to DC) so really if the 12v socket works for anything its more than good enough for a phone. If an incorrect charger has been used at any point it could have damaged the phone battery stopping it from charging beyond a certain point.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users