Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Phoenix7

Locking problem

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a '97 Ka with a few problems that, given the age, are quite understandable!

The one problem that really frustrates me is that to unlock my car, I have to unlock the passenger side lock, which works fine and unlocks the whole car, but then when i go to lock it, the driver's side lock works fine! <_< So i can lock the driver's side, but not unlock it!!

I've read that WD40 may help this, but me and my dad spent quite a while on the lock with this, with no positive result. Are there any other suggestions out there to cure this simple, but frustrating problem?

Thanks for your time!

Hi

I have a '97 Ka with a few problems that, given the age, are quite understandable!

The one problem that really frustrates me is that to unlock my car, I have to unlock the passenger side lock, which works fine and unlocks the whole car, but then when i go to lock it, the driver's side lock works fine! <_< So i can lock the driver's side, but not unlock it!!

I've read that WD40 may help this, but me and my dad spent quite a while on the lock with this, with no positive result. Are there any other suggestions out there to cure this simple, but frustrating problem?

Thanks for your time!

only way you will get round it is changin your lock i had the same problem my lock worked when the key was so far out and a certain way in the lock hope this helps