Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Diesel - Strange Noise After Oil Change

darkkn1ght

Wish I knew what causes the noise as I fear taking my car back into garage for another oil change, and the noise returning. Maybe a while though as my Mechanic told me I can do 15,000 miles on an oil change these days as it's synthetic.

On a slightly different note and this could be an impossible question, but how much do we think I expect to get out of this great engine. Currently on 189,000 and keeping fingers crossed I get to ideally at least 220,000 :D

Well I have got 90,000 so a lot more than that hopefully :D

I've spoken to ford and they've never had this problem apparently

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Right just joined to stop any more ridiculous comments, the crank sensor is right next to the oil filter, oil drips on sensor, slightest touch makes sensor slide so it just touches the pulley hence the whininig. If your lucky it will push it back in position if not it will wear teeth on pulley and you will need the pulley and sensor. Other outcomes are sensor breaks constant cut outs when driving and maybe won't restart or only starts when cold, or only starts when car is tilted to the passenger side (weird right? nope). So if you get an oil change and then have the whining go back and say you have upset crank sensor please re-seat. This is best done with car on ramps as you have to set the distance and rolling underneath your car on the curb just won't work. Don't really expect some mechanic to come on and tell you the fault do ya. This is still the situation on 2005 TDCI.

• 4 weeks later...

My crank sensor is located On the flywheel not on the crank pulley so is no where near the oil filter but I shall try what you have said and see if it works as I still get the noise every now or then.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

i´m having the same problem in the same way was described here. Does anyone was successful repairing by this way: 

Right just joined to stop any more ridiculous comments, the crank sensor is right next to the oil filter, oil drips on sensor, slightest touch makes sensor slide so it just touches the pulley hence the whininig. If your lucky it will push it back in position if not it will wear teeth on pulley and you will need the pulley and sensor. Other outcomes are sensor breaks constant cut outs when driving and maybe won't restart or only starts when cold, or only starts when car is tilted to the passenger side (weird right? nope). So if you get an oil change and then have the whining go back and say you have upset crank sensor please re-seat. This is best done with car on ramps as you have to set the distance and rolling underneath your car on the curb just won't work. Don't really expect some mechanic to come on and tell you the fault do ya. This is still the situation on 2005 TDCI.

I took the car to a mechanic he removed the crank sensor (crank sensor or crank shaft sensor is the same?) put it back again, he also tried with another crank sensor, but nothing happen, the noise still there...

Just to make sure the crank sensor is this: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-CRANK-CRANKSHAFT-SENSOR-1-8-TDCi-BRAND-NEW-1385381-/271986740235

If anyone was successful reparing this problem let me know.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I also have the same problem with my Focus 1.8 Tddi. Changing oil and filter again didnt help, also checked all pulleys, tensioners..

Did anybody, solve this problem, please ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club