AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Anthony.Long

HELP! Which one to buy?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in Thailand and I wish to buy a new Focus. I want to buy the 2.0 litre diesel model, and I love manual shift, so I can't decide on whether to buy the 6 speed manual or the new 6 speed Power Shift. Can you guys help? Please response quickly if you can.

Secondly, I have driven my friend's 2.0 litre petrol model - 4 speed auto, and I find the handling to my liking. I understand that the 2.0 litre diesel model is about 70kg heavier, which I assume most of this 70kg is added to the front due to the engine SO does anyone know if there is any big difference in handling. I have test driven the diesel model, but I can't really know the real handling of it just by driving it for a short distance.

Thank you, guys.

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in Thailand and I wish to buy a new Focus. I want to buy the 2.0 litre diesel model, and I love manual shift, so I can't decide on whether to buy the 6 speed manual or the new 6 speed Power Shift. Can you guys help? Please response quickly if you can.

Secondly, I have driven my friend's 2.0 litre petrol model - 4 speed auto, and I find the handling to my liking. I understand that the 2.0 litre diesel model is about 70kg heavier, which I assume most of this 70kg is added to the front due to the engine SO does anyone know if there is any big difference in handling. I have test driven the diesel model, but I can't really know the real handling of it just by driving it for a short distance.

Thank you, guys.

take a look at this reveiw , it might help you decide

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search...ift-CAR-review/

all depends whether you want manual or automatic.

take a look at this reveiw , it might help you decide

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search...ift-CAR-review/

all depends whether you want manual or automatic.

Thank you craggy. It was a great review. I have decided on the 6 speed manual coz I could not get use to shifting the Powershift. Like making mistakes of shifting down instead of up. Worst thing that happen so often is that it shifts up just as I am about to do it, so with me clicking the shift stick it ends up moving up 2 gears. Why can't the Powershift be 100% manual? At least, don't let it shift up - imagine it shifting up as you are powering into a corner. It is ok if it shifts down to 1st gear when you come to a stop.

Now I am thinking of tyres - should I change the 205/55 R16 to 205/50 R17 or 225/45 R18? I was told that it is not a good idea to reduce the outer diameter of the tyres (like 225/40 R17), coz this car is already too powerful, is it true?