Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

focusdriver

Tyre Pressure For Low Profile Tyres

11 posts in this topic

I bought a Mk3 Focus about 3 months ago, it was 6 months old and had 3K miles on the clock.

It's got low-profile tyres - I just wondered whether the recommended pressures for these would be different from the pressures on the inside of the drivers door?

Ide have said the same 28-30 front 30-32 rear i finds optimal

i rang ford about mine the other day, just gave them the model and the tyre size and they told me what i should have.

Hi, whatever is in the manual or on the door will be correct....

Hi, whatever is in the manual or on the door will be correct....

You are right - my tyre specs were on the door along with the recommended pressures. I'd posted on here without checking it first. ;)

iv got 35PSI in my 18s ..wasn't any recommended pressures for 18s on my door sills. just took a while playing about to see what felt right

Lenny likes this

This is a picture of my tyre pressure indicator by the driver door. I went with 31 front and rear.

post-10484-0-86923200-1375729618_thumb.j

Nice spec!

iv got 35PSI in my 18s ..wasn't any recommended pressures for 18s on my door sills. just took a while playing about to see what felt right

+1 I put 35psi in all four tyres feels strange doing it though because the 16" took 38psi

38 PSI in 16s?? ..you mean 28?

i have 225/40/18 and i put 34 in front and 32 in rear mainly due to weight etc.....