Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Who Says A Trip To The Dealer Needs To Be Expensive?

jeebowhite

So, a while ago, I had a thread up about how my car had randomly cut out, and warning lights etc.

The ABS light was randomly coming on, and at the time, the ABS failed. Then as soon as you restarted the engine, the ABS light went off. So I knew the issue was intermittent, and my suspicion was sensor or wiring. After a previous trip for diagnostics, the car was identified initially as no fault found, but the issue kept coming back (specifically when the temperature was above 25 degrees!)

Anyway, the car went in yesterday, and my nerves got the better of me, I was truely suspecting the worst - ABS Module... I got a phone call yesterday morning to say they had found the fault, and it was the OSF sensor short loom! (new it was the OSF but glad they confirmed it was that!) total cost - £55 after my discount, and no diagnostics fee, because its the same fault that was there when they looked! Happy Days!

Havent had the car long enough to check it is definately fixed, but at least they found a problem! :D

• Like 2

I'd like to appose a one minute silence,

For the poor unfortunite who went in to ford after you and unknowingly paid your excess on top of there own bill lol

I've sat in my local dealership for two days at a duration of 8 hrs I've saw enough never to go back.

lol, I was astounded, I was expecting well over a hundred, if not a few! but £55 all in all! I was gobsmacked when I saw it on the credit card machine! I thought that must be without four hours labour to fit it...

Never the less I am over the moon, but I suspect if I didnt argue that the fault previously had been diagnosed, that they would have probably charged me the additional £65 for the diagnostics...

Blimey. I cant remember ever walking into a Main Dealers and leaving with only having parted with that type of money. This is surely a day to remember.

• Like 1

They'll get you next time.

I recommend you lock yourself into your house tonight in case you wake up in the morning in a bath of ice and a kidney missing. :p

• Like 2

so very true btm, as for Clive, I want to make an official pre-emptive complaint and I want my house to be monitored by the police in case such an instance occurs... can it be arranged? :p

• Like 1

so very true btm, as for Clive, I want to make an official pre-emptive complaint and I want my house to be monitored by the police in case such an instance occurs... can it be arranged? :p

Nope.

Now where's my scalpel :d

• Like 1

lol :D

You only want my kidney so that if you need to get your car fixed... its free ;)

Although I dont think my Kidney's are quite at market value!

• Like 1

pmsl ... fair play james ... I find with any dealer the more forceful and more knowledge you have on your side the less likely you willl be ripped off ... if you have mug tatooed on your forehead they will handle you that way ... as for my worse half two words ...ya muppet told ya they would rip ya off ya should have let me deal with the lot of it ...rant over

I've never been ripped off at my dealers, seeing the dealers ring me up for information... Lol.

• Like 1

Lol so true Vicki! but Lenny is good at doing his share of the work :)

Dave... Seriously? dare we ask? lol are you encylopedia fordedlia?

• Like 1

James lenny does his fair share of moaning

Pmsl @ dave ...you legend

• Like 1

I never get ripped off from my dealer :) but then again I do work there ha ha ha :)

Two ways to avoid being ripped off by a dealer-

1/ When getting parts know exactly what you need and get the Finis code.

2/ Go to a good independent garage for all work.

And in my case -

3/ Wear uniform and rock up in a patrol car, even the bravest mechanic wouldn't dare rip off a Peeler ;).

• Like 1

Loving number 3 there Clive, as for the other two, agree entirely. Unlike events though were you are unsure, sometimes its best to go to a dealer ffirst, I could probably do with replacing my disks and pads all round soon, looking to buy them off eBay and fit them myself, or will take them to an indie.

I found that when I last spoke to Ford about changing brake pads (alone) they wanted £80 odd, but I can buy a full set of four disks and pads for that lol!

As for Vicki, I know how Lenny feels, to be fair, I do my colleagues, and families heads in moaning, so its all good! :D

Lol clive u must sleep in your uniform !!!!

Lol clive u must sleep in your uniform !!!!

Who says I sleep? That's what caffeine drinks were designed for ;)

Usually when I'm not on duty I'm on call so that's why I like getting abroad at least once a year so no phone calls at 3am.

My working dogs live with me so when my phone goes the Wife is used to me disappearing at ungodly hours, good job she's not a jealous or suspicious person.

One benefit is shed loads of overtime and on-call premiums. (pays for the holidays that she enjoys so much). :d

• Like 1

Who says I sleep? That's what caffeine drinks were designed for ;)

Usually when I'm not on duty I'm on call so that's why I like getting abroad at least once a year so no phone calls at 3am.

My working dogs live with me so when my phone goes the Wife is used to me disappearing at ungodly hours, good job she's not a jealous or suspicious person.

One benefit is shed loads of overtime and on-call premiums. (pays for the holidays that she enjoys so much). :d

Lol...sounds like an interesting job...can ye tell leo I deserve a holiday for putting up with him he hasn't got the concept of happy wife happy life yet

• Like 1

You love him really :d

Lol whatever you say officer

• Like 2

My wife keeps claiming I don't know the meaning of Happy Wife... Simple answer is - she hasn't trained me properly so it cant be my fault... we have our fourth anniversary coming up this weekend, and she has been with me for the last 6 or 7 years, so its not my fault she hasn't broken me in :D

Yeah blame us ... I treated leo like new car at the start never put the foot down ...11years later life is still the same

• Like 1

:D lol :D I keep telling my wife that shes not trained me properly, I always end up with a sore ear and arm afterwards...

Unfortunately though, you have now set the precedent... maybe you need to start removing some of his modifications and leaving a ransom note in its place :p leave him with only two of the three heater knobs in place (just whatever you do - dont damage it (I do not condone violence against motor vehicles or modifications :P) and a note dictating your requirements before its safely returned...

I dont think Lenny would thank me for saying that... in fact I better watch the inbox for an email from him telling me off for suggesting the idea :p

That's only mild bunny boiler I've a masters degree in bunny boiling

• Like 2

Yeah blame us ... I treated leo like new car at the start never put the foot down ...11years later life is still the same

:)

• Like 1