Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Music Streaming On Factory Satnav (09 S-Max)

lon

Hi all,

I've seen a lot of discussions, but none seem to hit the mark, so apologies if I'm asking a well known question. Please give me a link instead of a snark (actually, both is fine ;) ) though if there is an answer out there!

I have a bluetoooth voice control satnav stereo unit on my recently purchased 09 s-max. It has a USB port in the glove box, and a cd multichanger under the driving seat (in case it's relavent).

I connected my Android phone, and the phone functions seem to work, but I can't find anyway to play music from the handset on the car stereo.

I thought maybe it was a s/w issue, so I updated the unit software using the usb pendrive, but same result.

If I read the manual correctly, it seems like it should be possible, but I can't find anything as helpful as instructions!

So, my conclusion is that either:

• my phone isn't compatible (can anyone propose a compatible handset? I work in mobile so I have access to most that I could test with)
  • I misunderstood the feature set, and it's just not possible
  • the menu is so complicated, I just haven't stumbled on the right part yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leon

Normally, you just keep pressing Source or Aux until it comes up with the bluetooth audio.

What does your HU look like?

If you have this headunit post-41331-0-82238700-1375359142_thumb.j you might be able to use a modified elm327 and elmconfig to enable it

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, I've same issue, I've updated BT module but I"m not able to see in the menu BT audio streaming, even if I'm able to do phone calls. I've Ford Kuga 2008 with Travelpilot NX (same as on the mentioned picture) with USB/AUX in. Any advice how to make BT audio streaming working ?

I have a feeling only the newer bluetooth modules have the bluetooth streaming capability? There are 3 different types of modules. bluetooth only, bluetooth and USB, bluetooth, USB + streaming (this one has a mini USB plug on the module instead of requiring a special Ford lead).

I could be wrong but I have a feeling that this is the case?

Sorry Supertomy - I saw your PM, but didn't get back. Can't seem to use this from my phone...

Anyway, I did not ever get an answer, but to clarify, I have a standard USB socket in my glove box, no jacks, mini usb or anything. I'd love to find out if there's an answer.

I also tried hooking up my old iPod, but it doesn't work. Only seems to work with never iPods and iPhones (tried with my Brother-in-Laws iPhone, and my wife's Ipod Nano (1st gen) which work, but my old clock wheel iPod doesn't.)

Leon

Presd the usb/aux button to switch between cd aux and bluetooth. The phone must be in a music state by that I mean you must have a playlist or some music ready other it might become stuck.

Once your phone is connected switch to bluetooth then open you media player and press play from the phone this will get it going

My travel pilot fx treats the phone as a new device everytime resetting settings for repeat and shuffle each time its connected and used for music.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have a very similar issue to this - my phone(s) work fine with bluetooth voice but no audio streaming.

In summary, I've just bought a Focus 09 with a Travelpilot FX including a USB connector in the compartment between the seats. The versions of the unit are:

SW_MAIN = 0841_110810

SW_NAVI = N0967VF_6.4C1P22

I installed the USB update from ford-mobile-connectivity.com successfully (I could see a few visual differences after the update) but the bluetooth option is still not present in the AUX devices. I'm tried it with both a Galaxy S2 and a Nexus 5.

However, the bluetooth option did briefly appear in the AUX devices directly after the USB update but when I tried to change to it, it immediatley switched to the radio. This lasted 20 mins or so and has never reappeared since.

God know how many forums I've trawled to get a definitive answer on whether this unit supports streaming but any clarification or help would be greatly appreciated.

I thought there was an option on the menu (not familiar with where though) to enable the bluetooth option?

Do you mean the menu after pushing the phone button?

That also contained a few extra BT device items straight after the USB update but, like the AUX devices, they disappeared after 20mins or so.

From memory these were something like "Select BT media device" but all I have now are the select and debond phone options plus the bluetooth enable tick box.

• 5 years later...

On my NX of 2009 the BT button is there but stays disabled. I can use my phone, just not for BT strreaming. Can anyone please give me tips where to enable the BT streaming?