The rain was pissing down today but after it stopped for a bit i got some wiring done. working on several mods so i took apart things that aren't needed for this mod on it's own. I was able to get all wiring in, both door projector lamps fitted and wiring feed into the car as described by lenny.
Installed some other wires going to the back for rear footwell lights.
During this mod going about it with my method i purchased this pop rivet tool with 4 sizes of rivets for http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649
I drilled out the pop rivets for the speaker holes and gained perfect access to the grommet, from there on i did everything else the same as lenny's guide.
(Some of the parts removed in this photo is for another mod)
This photo is from inside of the door from the speaker opening. easy enough to fit your hand in and feed the wires through
However i came across a slight problem when it came to fitting back the speakers, although the tool worked fine, the speakers have insulation between the back and the door panel, this meant the pop rivets provided with the tool were short and not great for fixing.
Halford were closed and couldn't get my hands on longer pop rivets, at current my speakers are temporary fixed with cable ties until i receive these http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649
Once i get the longer pop rivets, 10 min job to permanently fix the speakers
Other than that it's smooth sailing and very fast, not more than 30 mins to take off the door card drill out the speakers pop rivets and feed the cable through the grommet.
This is an easy alternative to removing the windows. If you choose to remove the window you'll save £6
This is what it looks like when fitting new pop rivets (The ones provided did fit with force and it would be alright if some of the insulation got chopped off. I don't want to do that it could cause the speakers to rattle till then i will wait for longer pop rivets)
Next week i will connect all wires completely including rear footwell lights and automatic wipers other than that all wires installed not a bad day