2 replies to this topic

#1 Delirious Dave

Delirious Dave

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka
Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

My partner has her heart set on a Ford Ka and is looking to spend around 1,000 - 1,500 to get herself on the road. I've been doing some sleuthing to find out the common faults to look for, and thus far found out:

* Central locking problems
* Engine Fan running continuously
* Brake fluid light (corrosion on connection)
* Brake pedal slow return
* Rusty door sills
* Spark plugs "Getting stuck" - needs drilling out
* Wet passenger foot well (Pollen filter)
* Gear changes between 3rd and 5th

I've yet to find out when belts need changing and what the service schedule is, however i wondered if anyone could advise anything else i should look out for?

Thanks

Dave

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 aby

aby

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: STREET KA
Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hi,

My partner has her heart set on a Ford Ka and is looking to spend around 1,000 - 1,500 to get herself on the road. I've been doing some sleuthing to find out the common faults to look for, and thus far found out:

* Central locking problems
* Engine Fan running continuously
* Brake fluid light (corrosion on connection)
* Brake pedal slow return
* Rusty door sills
* Spark plugs "Getting stuck" - needs drilling out
* Wet passenger foot well (Pollen filter)
* Gear changes between 3rd and 5th

I've yet to find out when belts need changing and what the service schedule is, however i wondered if anyone could advise anything else i should look out for?

Thanks

Dave

Hi dave, yes i can confirm that there are central locking probs, ive had to have the sills welded, my passenger footwell is soaking, which i didnt know was the filter, but ive put up with it! its been a very good car since i bought it in 2000 though. also, the door release boot button has never worked & the back rear wiper doesnt work. i was told that the central locking, boot release & wiper were all in the same electrical circuit. only last august it needed the most attention as the sills were corroded & also by the petrol flap is a common area to corrode. mine is very bad. All in all its been the best car & only wear 'n tear items have been replaced really. so after 9 yrs of driving it its been a brill car, i would recommend one but now its time to change it b4 the mot as i know it prob wont pass.
regards, Aby

#3 blonde_abbie

blonde_abbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: ka
Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

aparntly coil packs are a problem all them probs you have listed i havnt had any of them as of yet touch wood

abbie

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users