• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Delirious Dave

Looking to Buy

Hi,

My partner has her heart set on a Ford Ka and is looking to spend around £1,000 - £1,500 to get herself on the road. I've been doing some sleuthing to find out the common faults to look for, and thus far found out:

* Central locking problems

* Engine Fan running continuously

* Brake fluid light (corrosion on connection)

* Brake pedal slow return

* Rusty door sills

* Spark plugs "Getting stuck" - needs drilling out

* Wet passenger foot well (Pollen filter)

* Gear changes between 3rd and 5th

I've yet to find out when belts need changing and what the service schedule is, however i wondered if anyone could advise anything else i should look out for?

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

My partner has her heart set on a Ford Ka and is looking to spend around £1,000 - £1,500 to get herself on the road. I've been doing some sleuthing to find out the common faults to look for, and thus far found out:

* Central locking problems

* Engine Fan running continuously

* Brake fluid light (corrosion on connection)

* Brake pedal slow return

* Rusty door sills

* Spark plugs "Getting stuck" - needs drilling out

* Wet passenger foot well (Pollen filter)

* Gear changes between 3rd and 5th

I've yet to find out when belts need changing and what the service schedule is, however i wondered if anyone could advise anything else i should look out for?

Thanks

Dave

Hi dave, yes i can confirm that there are central locking probs, ive had to have the sills welded, my passenger footwell is soaking, which i didnt know was the filter, but ive put up with it! its been a very good car since i bought it in 2000 though. also, the door release boot button has never worked & the back rear wiper doesnt work. i was told that the central locking, boot release & wiper were all in the same electrical circuit. only last august it needed the most attention as the sills were corroded & also by the petrol flap is a common area to corrode. mine is very bad. All in all its been the best car & only wear 'n tear items have been replaced really. so after 9 yrs of driving it its been a brill car, i would recommend one but now its time to change it b4 the mot as i know it prob wont pass.

regards, Aby