Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking Sound On Gear Change

salsheikh

guys,

when i change gear i have a knocking sound coming, normally when i lift the clutch. it also happens on biting point. any ideas what this could be?

really, really hope it isnt anything major.

Poss track control arm bushes or gearbox dogbone bushes?, first place i would check on a front wheel drive motor.

dogbone bush has been replaced, will check the tracl control bushes out. it seams to come from the gearbox, like its clutch related ...

when the control arm bushes are stuffed even getting the clutch to bite forwards or backwards will give a knock as the arm hits its holder. how many miles on your car and may i ask how do you drive it.

Cars near the 90k mark and I generally drive sensibly...trying to get best mpg 99% of the time

Is replacing the track control arms expensive or hard or cheap and easy?

Is replacing the track control arms expensive or hard or cheap and easy?

In the past when my cars ate its track control arm bushes I upgrage the bushes to powerflex ones, I have had some lively front wheel drive cars that the standard bushes just wernt up to the job. thats why I asked how you drive because if you were spirited in your launch and gear-changes these bushes take a battering. but as you drive like miss daisy lol, it might not be these but worth a check anyway as there can sharpen the feel of a car right back up.

Thanks for the info. Will have to look at the cost of poly bushes. Are they easy to replace?

Thanks for the info. Will have to look at the cost of poly bushes. Are they easy to replace?

you really need a press, its more to get the old ones out , there's ways around it not using a press but its a lot easier with one.

New arms on eBay for 30 quid so will just buy them

New arms on ebay for 30 quid so will just buy them

if there not genuine you have no idea how long the bushes will last, if you know someone who has used them fair enough, but they would sort out your knock if this is the fault but for how long I cant say but for £30 cant really grumble.

Says genuine ford...better be!

Says genuine ford...better be!

Billy bargain then :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club