Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium 2012

spangle

Hi - Anyone know the actual type of Sony DAB SatNav that is fitted to this model; I've a couple of things I want to check out but there is no specific instructions within the car's manual?

Thanks.

It is specific to the car.

I have the Sony DAB Satnav in my 2012 Focus so if there is anything I can answer feel free to ask :)

P.S.

Moved to Focus section

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply.

Rather frustrating not having an actual manual for the SatNav.

I had trouble getting somewhere when the postcode wasn't recognised, figured you used something called "tolerance" whatever that might mean.

Anyway, there is an arrow on top right which I presume may be a compass? If it is it doesn't work on my satnav as I could be travelling east and it points west.

Thanks again.

Spangle.

The post code thing got me too, not sure what the 12 plate nav is like but on mine 10 plate with some post code you have to insert a space using the underscore that only appears whenever needed otherwise it groups the digits incorrectly.

My old st sat nab was the same u had to space the second half of the post code for it to find it.

• 2 months later...

Whilst using the bluetooth phone on my 62 Plate Ford Sony Satnav system I notice that there are no audible SatNav instructions. I I do not have the SatNav mute on. Is there a way of turning the audible SatNav instructions to on?

Regards

David

Whilst using the bluetooth phone on my 62 Plate Ford Sony Satnav system I notice that there are no audible SatNav instructions. I I do not have the SatNav mute on. Is there a way of turning the audible SatNav instructions to on?

Regards

David

I don't think so, everything is muted during a phone call, you can't see the map or anything either.

Not sure if the next instruction still appears on the dash though.....

I don't think so, everything is muted during a phone call, you can't see the map or anything either.

Not sure if the next instruction still appears on the dash though.....

Thanks for the reply.

You can see the map by pressing the MAP or SatNav button and the Turn Directions are displayed. The built in SatNav in my 59 Plate had audible instruction whilst on the phone; an option I found very useful!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

You can see the map by pressing the MAP or SatNav button and the Turn Directions are displayed. The built in SatNav in my 59 Plate had audible instruction whilst on the phone; an option I found very useful!

I never thought of actually pressing the map/nav button during a call. Haha.

It would be good to give people the choice, but I have never noticed one, so just took it that it is the way it is designed.

I should add that whilst there is no audible SatNav instructions whilst using the bluetooth phone, you can hear the latest instruction by pressing the "Info" button when in the Map Screen.