Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Richdot

Ford Focus 1.6 2008 Ti

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Unsure about this bought a 2008 1.6 titanium with 36.xxx miles on... I have never had a ford petrol before but it seems like there there is a very slight whine in 1st and 2nd I don't know if this is just a normal Ford noise as from what I remember my sisters 1.4 fiesta petrol gearbox is about the same? The noise happens when you select gear and accelerate say to 3k after around 3k noise is gone!

Hi guys.

Unsure about this bought a 2008 1.6 titanium with 36.xxx miles on... I have never had a ford petrol before but it seems like there there is a very slight whine in 1st and 2nd I don't know if this is just a normal Ford noise as from what I remember my sisters 1.4 fiesta petrol gearbox is about the same? The noise happens when you select gear and accelerate say to 3k after around 3k noise is gone!

May be worth getting the gear box oil changed mate,

I would say get it topped up but gear boxes don't have oil level indicators, so the only way to ensure its full is to drain it completely and refill to manufactures specification level for example 2.4ltrs

The manual will specify how much to fill and what spec of oil for example automatic transmission fluid Dexron III

Ok could try that yes. I mean the noise is not that bad so it sort of makes me think that it could be a normal noise.

Lenny likes this

not normal mate you shouldnt have any whine from the gearbox i dont hear mine at all

Lenny likes this

I am not 100% if it is gearbox though that's what i mean

Lenny likes this

I think usually if it is a whine from the gearbox the pitch of the whine changes when you change gear and it does not do that. So unsure might be normal normal of the engine or something :s

Lenny likes this

without hearing it its hard to say i can say theres no whine on mine so it could be an air leak from a vacume hose it could be so many things without knowing where its coming from its guess work

I think usually if it is a whine from the gearbox the pitch of the whine changes when you change gear and it does not do that. So unsure might be normal normal of the engine or something :s

Sounds like it could be Rally spec ;)

The car has done 36k so don't think its anything serious. .. well hope not ha

Could be the tracking or the tyres making the noise and as the road noise gets louder at higher speeds you cant ear it.

I think it's more engine / gearbox noise that be a pure guess though hard to pin point. It's a very slight noise not loud or nothing like that.

if in any doubt get it checked out what might be nothing now could become a huge bill quite quickly

Lenny likes this

Had the car checked no problem has been detected.